Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

where to get electrical plug for mark VIII?

Where do i get the pigtail/plug that goes into the markVIII fan?it didn't come with it?

For my connections on my Mark VIII fan I just added connectors to each wire (3 total). The connections are similar to what you put on the back of speakers. Works fine for me and I know other members do the same thing.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

what prongs are what? which one is ground, which one power? thanks!

Country Flag: United States
      Your local Ford dealer will either carry it or can order it for you. It's about $20.

One terminal is marked negative and the middle is dummied.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Isn't the one in the middle for the low speed option?
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Quote Originally Posted by yody
      what prongs are what? which one is ground, which one power? thanks!
      If I remember correctly it will have a positive symbol and a negative symbol right on the white part where you would plug the connectors in. I can look tonight and take a pic but im sure by then Jody or someone else can reply with 100% correct information. If not I will have pics for you tonight. I do not think the one in the middle is for the low speed option.
      It is just like hooking up any other switch on any car. You have the ground, hot, and acc.
      The only thing that happens if you hook it up backwards is that the fan will blow forward instead of backwards onto the engine. There is almost no way you can hook these things up wrong.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

When in the car the upper terminal is -, the middle dummied, the lower + for the 1998 FoMoCo replacement fan.

Larry,

The fan most of us are using, the 1998 replacement version, is single speed. The original fan may have been multi-speed. Seems earlier versions may have been also, but there has been no definitive answer. On the 1998 replacement fan there is an inspection cap just above plug. Removal of the cap shows that the center terminal is dummied on the replacement fan.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

There are only 2 connections. + and -. Like I said its almost impossible to hook up incorrectly.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com