Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
      Nice! Where did you get the spindles? They look awesome.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@HPM View Post
      Hey Dan...

Ready to sell me this car yet?

Haha, hope you are doing well.. thought I would bump your thread and get you wriled up!!!

Nick
      LOL You don't have room for another car over there man! It's going to look like Sanford and Sons at your house soon!

I did get the TB ported and I'm ready to buy the heads and cam... the wifey has mandated that I sit down and complete a budget before I spend another penny though, and that is taking some time. I keep telling her not to worry about it... she laughs and has hidden the checkbook.

Dan
      A.K.A: That bald guy
      Find me on Facebook or my personal website.

- 67 Camaro: Current Project Car

Quote Originally Posted by mroth View Post
      Nice! Where did you get the spindles? They look awesome.

Mike
      Those are ATS spindles. http://www.t56kit.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 67SSDan View Post
      LOL You don't have room for another car over there man! It's going to look like Sanford and Sons at your house soon!

I did get the TB ported and I'm ready to buy the heads and cam... the wifey has mandated that I sit down and complete a budget before I spend another penny though, and that is taking some time. I keep telling her not to worry about it... she laughs and has hidden the checkbook.

Dan
      You should come by.. nothing at my house right now. I am going to keep it to one in the garage from this point forward.

I always have room for an engine though...

A budget is not the issues, sticking to it will be the problem. Keep in mind, she did say a "budget" NOT a LIMIT

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@HPM View Post
      A budget is not the issues, sticking to it will be the problem. Keep in mind, she did say a "budget" NOT a LIMIT

Good point... although I'm 99.9999999% sure by budget... she means to limit. LOL I'll be giving you a buzz soon. This stuff is burning a hole in my pocket.

Dan

Aaaand... life got in the way again. Wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010 which brought everything to a screeching halt. She's all good now though and we managed to pay our house off, so it's time to knock the dust off this thread and get this car finished. Just ordered up engine mounts, oil pan, headers, and cross member for the t56 (all from Hooker). Working on getting the radiator and the bell housing now. FINALLY... lets do this!

Dan

The steady stream of parts

So the steady stream of parts has started... which is always excited. I decided to use the Holley LS conversion kit to keep everything nice and clean. After a little back and forth (my headers were damaged in shipping, all is squared away now though) I'm well on my way. So far I've received the headers, engine mounts, and cross-member. I'm still waiting on the second generation oil pan. I also went ahead and got a bell housing AND I ordered a R n D Fabrication radiator, which I'm thinking should be here any day now. Good times!

These things are beautiful:

Engine mounts:

Cross member:

And the bell housing:

More stuff soon!

Dan
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: United States
      Glad to hear your wife is ok!

Looking forward to more updates and progress.

That goes for me too

Quote Originally Posted by PeteZ06 View Post
      Glad to hear your wife is ok!

Looking forward to more updates and progress.
      Same here Dan.
      Glad to hear everybody is doing well.

Thanks guys! I'm excited to be cracking on this thing again. I can taste it now!

Dan

Parts parts parts

Finally got the rest of the parts in. The new Holley oil pan for LS swaps

And the RND Fabrication radiator. This thing is a work of art!

The guy that is helping me with the car is supposed to come pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait!!

Dan

Off she goes!

Loaded the old girl up and shipped her off to my guy that's helping with the car today. Wheel tubs will be going in as well as the roll cage and then we're going to mock everything up and make sure it all fits. Can't wait!!

Name:  10153689_10203685518122574_4920774158783372133_n.jpg
Views: 1422
Size:  127.5 KB

Dan

Progress

Quite a bit has happened since I last updated.

The subframe came back out from under the car and it got loaded up on the rotisserie so the subframe connectors and wheel tubs could be put in

After the the subframe connectors and the wheel tubs got put in, the roll bar got tacked in

The subframe went back in... and now it's time to start mocking things up and checking clearances. They're coming to get my engine and transmission on Tuesday and I'm ordering all the accessories this week so we can put all that on.

I love this view...

I feel like we're getting somewhere now. We've still got a long way to go, but I feel like we've rounded the corner and we're not really cutting stuff out anymore, but adding stuff in. Awesome feeling. Can't wait to drive this stupid thing!

Dan Thompson

Dan,

Looking good, nice feeling for sure to see it start going together rather then coming apart!
      Jack~

1969 Camaro Convertible - In Progress.

Body Mods, LSx TT Setup, T56, 4 Link, Lowered, the works.

Not much happened with the car while we were out of town, but they did get the doors put on, which is cool. I had ordered a ton of parts before I left, and they apparently took forever to show up. They're all in now though, so hopefully we'll make some quick progress.

Dan

Latest Update

It has been forever since I've posted, but it seems like a lot has been going on.

We started mocking everything up

I'm really happy with the stuff from Holley. No problems with fitment at all

Here you can see how tight the headers fit up under the car... super sweet

And lastly, we've got more body panels on, just making sure everything fits. The engine guy is supposed to come get the motor this week to finish the assembly. I'm hoping that won't take too long... and then it'll just be a parts buying adventure to round the car out. Good times!

Dan

Summer update

Okay, it's been a while since I posted. I've been in "parts collection" mode here recently. I've got the motor pulled out and over at my engine builder's house and I've ordered up all the drive line stuff. Now I've just got to find time to finish buying motor parts and get them delivered to the right place, and we'll be roll'n.

Hydraulic clutch stuff

New flywheel

Clutch and pressure plate

Aaaand the third member, complete with auburn locker and 4.11 gears

I also got my pedal assembly and a couple other things floating around here... it's piling up!

Dan

Dan I am glad to see you are seriously moving on this again.
      I am excited to see the progress on it.

February Update

Well the car is back at my place while we wait on the engine to be completed and some parts to come in. The guy who's been working on it is super busy and needed it out of the way since we're in a holding pattern. That's just fine though because now I can mess with it a little bit.

After going round and round with my wheels, I finally decided to just have the front ones narrowed down to 8" instead of 9.5". The only way we were going to be able to work is to push them so far out it was going to look really stupid. I thought long and hard about just buying a new set of wheels, but all the wheels I'm really crazy about are super expensive, and I've got enough money tied up in this thing already... PLUS... I really just like these wheels. They have sort of been the theme behind the whole build. After asking around I had several people recommend Weldcraft Wheels, and so that's who I went with. I have to say that the finished product at least LOOKS great. Can't wait to get them on the car this weekend and triple check the fitment before buying some tires for them.

Dan I would like to come by and check this car out at some point.
      I agree with you on the wheels... I love these wheels on the car.

I have had weldcraft do a few sets of wheels for me and I have never had an issue with them.

I look forward to seeing it in person at some point.. are you still using the LS6 I put together for you in what seems like 10 years ago? LOl

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com