Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

2nd,3rd,4th Gen Console in 1st Gen F-body

Has anyone ever adapted a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Gen F-body console into a 1st Gen car?? Or seen where someone has done this? Also if you have adapted any other factory console into a 1st gen car I'd be interested in hearing about it. I plan on using a B&M Quicksilver shifter in my car also.

Thanks

Country Flag: United States
      Yep.. im running the 4th gen Camaro console in my 69 Camaro. It really fits well and look "right" in the car.. we just had to weld in a couple of mounts and such. Im also using the stock 4th gen shifter and e-brake assembly..

Also you will need to make a piece to transition between the console and the factory dash..

Here is my setup so far:
      http://www.z069.us/69/reassembly/home1.jpg

The YEAR ONE 69 is also running this console.. you can get an idea of whats involved here:

http://www.yearone.com/enthusiast.as...o/69camaro.asp

If you dig through the pics you will see how they did the mounting and how they made the transition to the dash..

Hope this helps..
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

2002 Trans am Console, dash and all 4th gen interior. T-56 under the console. Good times. Console was the easiest thing I installed in the interior.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

VERY Nice I have the console and dash already from a 99 TA...what I would like to know is has anyone ever successfully fitted door panels :O ?

bob

VERY Nice I have the console and dash already from a 99 TA...what I would like to know is has anyone ever successfully fitted door panels :O ?

bob

I was highly considering door panels in mine. At least the speaker pods from a 2002 T/A. Still havent decided yet. Anything can be done though.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Camaroboy, what did you use to fill in the gap between the dash and the windshield. I'm seriously considering the swap, I already have black leather 01 T/A seats and the black 6spd console. Just been holding off on the dash until I find out a few things.
      Pro-Touring 1969 Trans Am clone,2002 LS1/6spd,4.10s,FM-15,Comp 921 kit, S&P headers, 3" Flowmaster 1 Chamber exhaust with Dr.Gas X-pipe, 20 gal. aluminum fuel cell,Walbro 255,2001 Firehawk black leather seats,dash, and 6spd console, 17x9.5 L.G. Motorsports World Challenge wheels,Hotchkis sway bars, etc., etc., etc.... SOLD

I havent finished the dash yet but I was planning on using a piece of sheetmetal. Form it to fit nicely into place. Then just paint it to match the dash. It would also have to bolt or clip into place.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com