Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

?s on '84 vette base suspension

I would like to improve the handling and road manners of our '84 non Z51 driver. This car is used as a 3rd car weather permitting (meaning it's not a show car or autocrosser). The car has 52k on it and sat around alot in the last 15 years. According to the chart on the Corvette Action Center forum the front spring rate is 365lb and the rear spring rate is 415lb. This is the only C4 that the rear rate is higher than the front. I really don't want to get into changing springs or dumping tons of $ into the car. So my question is would a "good" set of shocks and a 30mm front sway bar help? What should be done if anything with the rear suspension - a bigger bar also? I would use factory bars - just need to know what sizes. What shocks would you reccomend (would like to stay under $400.00 if possible)? Thanks in advance for any and all your help - Jack

I used several different shocks on 84 Vette's during my tenure at the resto place and they do reallly help the ride imrpove.
      TPIS makes the best all around C4 shocks I have found
      1971 Camaro, 383 stroker ~500HP,M21 Trans with lightened flywheel. All Sorts of Auto-x Goodness in the Suspension. 12" Brakes ->SOLD

But ask me about my 2004 STi Auto-x car...

Just call me Brett

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com