Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Happy to be here; proud to serve

Hello all, Im Bulldog. Looking forward to perusing the forums and possibly getting some help from you knowedgable types as I try and finish the build on my 68 Firebird. I have to give all the credit to Uncle Sam for all that has been accomplished so far because this past March all I had was a Firebird with somewhat of an interior, no plumbing for anything (brakes, fuel adn radiator), no useable fuel tank, no working brakes, no transmission, no working motor, no radiator...well basically just the exposed subframe on the front. Then Uncle Sam dropped orders for me to move from Virginia to Florida and in 2 and a half months she was at least rolling on her on power. Still have a lot of tweaks to go on her but she is slowly coming together. Check out the pics...
      http://community.webshots.com/user/murphs314

As you all can see, much more to do and alot more to learn...always open for suggestions or help.

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome aboard, er.. Bulldog (surely that's not your real name). We're glad to have you.

Nope, n ot my real name but its the only thing Ive been called by consistently for the past 8 years (except by my own mother and my wife) so it just kind of sticks.

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome aboard, A.J.!

welcome! looks like you are at the fun stages in the project.
      Doesn't "Bulldog" have something to do with the military? Marine Corp? Good luck with your project!

Andrew

Welcome aboard Bulldog, from one Air Force member to another! I see a short tour ribbon on your jacket there. Where'd you get that from? I'm currently out at Nellis myself, and I know how it feels to try and restore a car like that on a military paycheck. Doing a 67 Camaro SS myself currently, with a 4 month deployment to Pak coming up in January. Oh well, there will be some tax free $$ finding a new home in a Camaro.

Anyway, you'll really enjoy this forum. TONS of knowledge floating around here. Everything i've needed help or opinions on so far i've gotten plenty of help with, and everyone's super cool to boot. See you around!
      Doug
      67 Camaro - Project: Retribution

"Honda: The most efficient means of converting gasoline into noise without the side effect of horsepower."

Thanks for the welcomes, yes the Bulldog is the symbol used by the Marine corps but if you had ever seen me and the fact I dont have a neck..LOL, youd understand. I actually got the name given to me by an officer. Thanks Flyboy, I trully understand after 13 years in the Blue that I could not wait any longer to do a resto/mod. I know what you mean by the trips out of the country, I saw your replay and actually went and dragged out my folders and counted approximately 23 different countries I had been to. I am trully feeling too old for this crap. But Uncle Sugar blessed me with my newest tour of duty here at CENTCOM. The short tour ribbon my friend is from my stint in Korea. I paid dearly for that...returned to an empty house, a pregnant wife, couldnt see my three kids and she didnt even leave me a pot to pee in. HOWEVER, happy to be here and proud to serve...now ...does any of you fellow gear heads live in the state of Florida?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com