Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

suspension techniques sway bars

Anybody have any experience with suspension techniques sway bars in a g-body? Are they any good?, thinking of getting a set. The price seems pretty good.

Country Flag: United States
      I put one on my 69 Camaro. It seems to work fine. But, I mistakenly ordered a 1 1/4" bar. I intended to use a very light spring so I went with a really big bar. I have since gone to a heavier spring and don't need the big bar, but the bar rubs on my balancer. Suspension Techniques is the only company that offered a 1 1/4" bar. Just don't order one thats to big. I am going to put a 6 3/4" balancer to replace my 8" balancer to correct the clearance issue.

I used them on my g-body camino & malibu. The one's I have are pretty big: front is a solid 1 3/8" IIRC.... I know it's bigger than a 1 1/4" bar; rear is 1".

I also used their coil springs as it was a package set-up. The front springs are around 600# & I had Monroe Formula GP shocks + drop spindles.

It felt like a F-body as far as ride is concerned & definitely handled better than what was offered from GM. I didn't ever subject this set-up to any 'real' testing or track use though.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com