Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thinking of GTO Clone....

I might be purchasing a 72 Lemans in a few days, and the car is missing the front fenders, core support, and hood. I was wondering if its possible to put a 70 GTO front end on the car and what pieces i would need. If anybody has any info that might help, i'd appreciate it.

Hey vince, head on over to www.performanceyears.com . Those guys live, eat, and breathe Pontiac. Im not sure if the different years will swap, but they would know.

Steve

Cool, thanks for the link.

Country Flag: United States
      I second the vote on the PY forms.

I'm pretty sure the whole '70 front end will swap onto the '72. The only problem will be finding '70 fenders, I think they are one year only and very hard to come by in nice shape.
      Matt
      1965 Pontiac GTO – Spotts 421 Tripower | TKO600 | 3.90s | Vintage AC | Baers | Hotchkis/SPC/BMR Suspension | Intro Vistas | BFG KDW Redlines | 06 GTO Seats

Country Flag: Canada
      Matt is right.

They are one year only and hard a heck to find. I was luck enough to score a spare set when I bought my car and have been offered some serious coin for them.

Why not clone a 71 or 72? Very cool looking and rarer than a 70 ( especially the 72 with the heat extractors in the fenders.)

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goat
      Matt is right...
      That can't possibly be. All of the stars must have aligned.
      Matt
      1965 Pontiac GTO – Spotts 421 Tripower | TKO600 | 3.90s | Vintage AC | Baers | Hotchkis/SPC/BMR Suspension | Intro Vistas | BFG KDW Redlines | 06 GTO Seats

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goat
      Matt is right.

They are one year only and hard a heck to find. I was luck enough to score a spare set when I bought my car and have been offered some serious coin for them.

Why not clone a 71 or 72? Very cool looking and rarer than a 70 ( especially the 72 with the heat extractors in the fenders.)
      I was thinking about it, but i just like the look of the 70 a little better. I figure if im gonna spend the money, might as well be fully happy with the result. Plus im not sure if the 71-72 front would be much easier to find anyways.

Country Flag: Canada
      Very true, your cash be happy. As long as you leave the motor Pontiac. JK (sort of). If I hear of any goo 70 parts I will let you know.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com