Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

wide body or flared fenders and qtrs?

I have recieved my fathers 65 mustang coupe. It has been sitting up for about 20+ years and has some minor rust. I have been considering doing a pro-touring build on it when i redo it. I love the factory body lines however they dont allow for a very meaty tire.

My real question is does anyone make wider fenders and qtrs or weld on fender flares that would allow some good size wheel/tire combos. I'd like to run a 17 or 18 by 10in up front and at leat a 12-13 out back. I have no problem with doing a mini tub however i don't really want to narrow the wheel base width. i was even considering buying some reproduction front fenders and cutting them up and adding the needed sheet metal to them to get my desired look. opinions or options would be appreciated.

thanks in advance
      Christian

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      Hey Christian, welcome to the site. You would have to do a mini tub or move the springs inboard abit to get that kind of rubber back there. With a full flare you can work 11", but its very close. Try here for more info on flares. http://www.maierracing.com/mattzapien66stang.html
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

Country Flag: United States
      You can also try www.cobraautomotive.com here is a sample of a flared Mustang. You should call them since most of their stuff is not listed online.
      Last edited by 4MuscleMachines; 02-10-2007 at 10:56 AM.

Check out this month's PHR. There's a blue/white '65 fastback in there with flared fenders (only in the back though I think). It's the same car that's on the cover of Tony Huntimer's Ford Restomod book.
      Ryan
      '68 Camaro (slowly coming back together...very slowly)

Quote Originally Posted by 4MuscleMachines
      You can also try www.cobraautomotive.com here is a sample of a flared Mustang. You should call them since most of their stuff is not listed online.
      That looks sweet with the flared fenders.
      73 corvette chop top silver LS6 motor ,LS6 intake,700r4,2400 pro torque convertor ,3.70 gears,modified hooker sidepipes to fit LS1,17 x9.5 boyd starburst,nitto 275/50/17-255/50/17 tires,vb&p suspension,nitrous,L-88 headlights,autometer guages.L88 hood,flares,spreader bar,vb&p sway bars

And for a different approach to flaring you could go this route.
      http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/...fications.html
      William Rouleau
      Project PonySnake - '67 Mustang Fastback

Quote Originally Posted by 67Sally
      And for a different approach to flaring you could go this route.
      http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/...fications.html
      thanks that is more of what i was looking to do! i might even get more extreme then that if i go the flared fender route. possibly 4in from the front headlight area and then leave it wide at theback by the door with some kind of bottom skirt to bring the bottom of the door out and then follow it even wider at the back. i just dont know how it would look. I dont want it to get all import looking.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com