Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Edelbrock 60899 is the heads i have and use (64cc), KB pistons that i use (KB135) have a -18cc dish that will make 9.71 in compression (well in the recommended area from the cam manufactuer: Comp cams) The block is milled 1 hundreds of a millimeter as well.
      A have reason to believe (after some snooping around) that the dyno i tested doesn´t work probably with automatic transmission without lockup or that the numbers can`t be accurate (says enginebuilders i have talked to)
      I will check if the secondaries opens as they should.

All under 6.27 litres is a starter.

I have changed the secondary spring so that they open earlier at lesser vacuum.
      The differance was noticeable but just that.
      All under 6.27 litres is a starter.

How was the HP at both flywheel & the rear wheel determined? I am shocked that you could lose only 27hp through the driveline.

Country Flag: United States
      Time to get the car scaled and take it to the drag strip. The MPH is a very accurate indicator of HP.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70
      Time to get the car scaled and take it to the drag strip. The MPH is a very accurate indicator of HP.

Andrew
      That's what I was thinking. It's also what I was told. I've got a pretty stout 355 and I only got 265 hp at the wheels. The guy said he's had guys come in with built 383's with high compression, big cams and AFR heads and make the same power. I didn't believe him, but it looks like maybe he was right. My guess is his dyno is totally off. What kind is it? Supposedly Mustang Dynos give pretty low numbers.

I plan on finding a local dragstrip and making a few passes to see what's up. You should probably do the same.

Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com