Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Martz, Fatman, CA Chassisworks... TOO MANY CHOICES!

Ok, semi-cliff notes version. I'm deploying to Pakistan in January for 4 months, so i'll be coming back with quite a bit of cash saved up and i'll be looking to do front suspension and brakes for the 67. I'm looking at all these companies that make complete aftermarket front subrames for the first gens and i'm left scratching my head (which really is not all that unusual for me ). Which one do I choose? I thought I might enlist your guys' opinions since there's a lot more knowledge floating around over here than I have.

The one I have really been looking at is the complete CA Chassisworks subframe on page 603 of the Classic Industries catalog for only $1395. Looks like it would be a really good setup. NO I am not looking for a best-of-the-best $4000 setup. If I was, i'd go with the Wayne Due stuff. Instead, i'm just looking for something that will drastically improve the handling/braking of that over-sized toaster oven I have sitting in the garage.

Yes, I have done a couple of searches both in the new forum, and on the old one as well for opinions on the different setups. But apparently I need to go through some sort of remedial search training, because surprisingly, I didn't really get that many results that contained the info I was looking for.

I suppose something else I should mention is this car WILL be daily driven once it is running, but will see quite a bit of road course and open road racing. I can deal with a little bit of a harsh ride and road noise if it will give me better handling/braking. I'm still young... I have to beat the hell out of myself somehow.

Thanks in advance for any input you folks may have, even if it's just directing me to a thread I may have missed.
      Doug
      67 Camaro - Project: Retribution

"Honda: The most efficient means of converting gasoline into noise without the side effect of horsepower."

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com