Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

chasiss

why is everybody so down on the martz chassis. is the WD better than it because of geometry or something else , i do not know if i want vette susp. i thought it had a limit on the brake choices. i was set on using the martz for my 70 camaro with wilwood 6 piston brakes, but not knowing who's is better makes it hard to pick.

better for what?measured how?if you aren't going to roadrace make your decision based on price and what your friends will think is cool.there will be no differance cruising to the kwik-e-mart.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on Scott's Hot Rods Clip and Fatman????
      Also with the DSE modified stock frame are you talking tube upper with the bushings and coilover kit or something else?
      Camaro Convertible Build Pics - http://s447.photobucket.com/albums/qq198/rob07002/

www.musclerides.com

Rob Stevens

yes,tubular dse upper arm,solid bushings upper and lower.dse coilover kit.good kit.good company.

Quote Originally Posted by TBART70
      why is everybody so down on the martz chassis.
      I like the Martz subframe on my 67 Camaro. No, it's not the best out there now, but in 1999 when I got it, it was a pretty good bargain.

The best thing about it is the rack and pinion, and the weight savings that is difficult to achieve with a stock subframe.
      Don 67 Camaro RS/SS Texas

Just outta curiosity... those who have a DSE modded stock frame. how much did it cost you guys to have a shop put on the coil over kit? if you dont mind me asking.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Top
      I like the Martz subframe on my 67 Camaro. No, it's not the best out there now, but in 1999 when I got it, it was a pretty good bargain.

The best thing about it is the rack and pinion, and the weight savings that is difficult to achieve with a stock subframe.
      Does anyone know if all the aftermarket subframes are similar in weight. How much lighter is an aftermarket than the stock subframe? Martz is going on my car in a couple of weeks.

depends on how much of the job you need done.the engine must be removed,but it is better to remove the whole sub.if you bring your subframe to someone to have the slots cut and the welding done i'd say 2-300.if you drive your car in and want to drive it home maybe 2 grand.you could call dse for a quote just to give you a figure to shop aroung your area.many people on this site(me included)can do this job for you at a resonable price.

Just how much wider of a tire cxan you get with Wayne's setup versus the DSE coils and moded frame?
      Ask me about awesome deals on Work and Volk wheels!

Quote Originally Posted by spanky the wondermuffin
      if you bring your subframe to someone to have the slots cut and the welding done i'd say 2-300.
      That's a very accurate estimate as I just talked to Tyler the other day (since he has a DSE jig to do the mounts already) about doing mine if I go the DSE route and that's right about what he quoted me.
      Doug
      67 Camaro - Project: Retribution

"Honda: The most efficient means of converting gasoline into noise without the side effect of horsepower."

DSE vs ST & GW

I am wondering if there is really any significant performance difference in the DSE setup vs ST or GW with the Guldstrand mod as in my setup listed below. I am guessing they increase the caster similar to the GW and ST arms, and change the camber curve similar to Gulstrand's mod. So what other difference is there? Do they use different length A-arms and alter the distance between the left and right upper A-arm mounting locations?

I opted for the Speed-Tech package and Guldstrand mod. I just ordered:

Speed-Tech Upper A's
      Speed-Tech Lower A's
      QA1 Coil overs
      Speed-Tech Tubular Tie Rod Sleeves

Total cost was $1328.24

If you wish stiffer coils than QA1 offers, I priced them at $169/pair from GW.

For whoever asked about tires, I bolted up a 245/50-16 on a stock 4th gen Z28 wheel usinging a 1.25" adapter. With springs removed, I lifted lower A's to the the bump stops and turned left and right. I'll have to limit the turning radius a little to prevent rubbing the frame, but the ST lower A's have an adjustable stop for that. Also, the tire just contacts the outer edge of the wheel well. Though, I have been running the old Herb Adams 1" body drop subframe connectors, so if I swap to a half inch body drop sub connectors from GW or DSE, I think that'll give me the clearance I need. I like to drive on the street, so I definately want to retain the wheel wells.

I'll post my comments on how it drives once installed if anyone's interested.

Quote Originally Posted by TitoJones
      I'd place the frame options as follows:

C.A.R.S. full race frame
      Wayne Due C5 frame (requires engine setback to clear rack)
      DSE mod'd stock frame
      Wayne Due C4 frame
      Martz
      Chassis Works
      Stock with Guldstrand

Obviously the first 2 options are mucho $$, but well worth it in the end. It seems to me there are those who have the Wayne Due stuff, and those who wish they had it.
      I'd recommend the DSE frame to you Doug, as we can do it here in my shop. We already have the jig and experience, so it will be on track with what you are going for.
      I can also see no problems with the DSE/WD IRS combo.
      Tyler

Is there a site for C.A.R.S. full race frame?
      -David

is it better to use dse uppers with stock lowers or dse lowers and uppers???? i see a lot of guys sayin dse uppers and stock lowers so i was wondering

how many people have custom chassis in there camaros . let me no
      thanks rick kirkindall i have martz in my camaro both ends ,

Tyler can you comment on the 21st C5 set up. I noticed that nobody seems to have mentioned them. I asked a similar question and somebody recomended the 21st as a option seems to be the hot setup.

Thanks
      Randy

The 21st Century frame is pretty sweet. They are one of the rare guys who actually put ecentric bolts in the frame to give alignment adjustments.
      They post and sponsor on Lateral-G.net. Very nice guys, and amazing products/vehicles on their site. I belive Payton King has ridden in one of the shop's 69 Camaros that has theframe installed, and was so impress by it, that he got one for his own car.

Tyler

Sib Frame

Tyler and company,
      The C.A.R. webs site should/will be fully up very soon. We'll get rid of the temp home page.
      The new site will show our front sub and our rear section [which is a Trans Am style 3 link]
      Kevin
      C.A.R.

Nice!! Good to see you on Pro-Touring Kevin. We need to hook up @ SEMA (if you are going) I have some pretty good stories about a client we both shared.

Tyler

FIRST GEN CAMARO SUBFRAME WEIGHT additon list
      Bare sub 110
      knuckle assys (stock single piston disc) 92
      springs 22
      A arms - upper 20
      A arms - lower 22
      Shocks 6
      Ctr link and tie rods 17
      Trans Crossmember 10
      Sub total 299

PS box, hoses, pump, pitman 44
      TOTAL 343
      =============================================
      FIRST GEN CAMARO SUBFRAME WEIGHT additon list
      Bare sub 110
      knuckle assys (stock single piston disc) 92
      springs 22
      A arms - upper 20
      A arms - lower 22
      Shocks 6
      Ctr link idler and tie rods 17
      Trans Crossmember 10
      Sub total 299

man steering box with pitman 16.5
      TOTAL 315.5

subframe post
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ubframe+weight
      Last edited by David Pozzi; 10-06-2005 at 07:58 PM.
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com