Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Anything prevent chrome tips from rusting?

I dont have much chrome on my car at all and I bought chrome tips (for now) and want to know how to prevent them from rusting. Mothers? WD-40?? Oil?
      Same with the exhaust pipe. How do you prevent it from rusting? High temp paint? I am on a budget so ceramic coating is out of the question.
      Eventually I will get all stainless but that will be quite a while since my exhaust is soo custom.

Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Country Flag: United States
      You could always use aluminized tubing for most of the exhaust and stainless tips.

I already have the pipes bent. I was just wondering what to do to protect them until I eventually get all stainless. I guess if my car keeps leaking oil from the oil pan all over the exhaust, then I will never have to replace them.
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Country Flag: United States
      Don't drive it in Michigan?
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

haha yeah I would never drive it in the winter but if I did, your right they would just rust and fall off right in the road. I guess I will probably be fine for a while. I dont drive my Camaro in the rain any more than I have to. *ehem cough* (Power tour and Woodward)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com