Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

New Job - Pro-Touring Manufacturer - Assembly Line Images

Hello all,

It's been a long time since my last post. It was great seeing the members that showed up for the Pro-Touring dinner at SEMA! At the dinner, I shared that I had landed a new job. For 12 years I had been writing Owner's Manuals and Service Manuals for OEMs. Now I get to do it for a shop that manufactures brand new Pro-Touring/Restomod vintage muscle cars. The perfect job for me! It would be even more perfect if the cars were Camaros...but hey, Mustangs are still muscle cars...not EVs like most of the vehicles I've been writing about for over a decade. The other drawback is that I'm moving from California (where I was born and raised) to Orlando, FL. I'm already setup in Orlando and here more than I am in California. I make the full move in July. It's a big change in weather.

I can't normally share photos inside the facility, but these images were published in an article that was just published in Motor Trend...so it's free reign to post them here. You'll see that we manufacture brand new '65-'68 Mustangs. In the article, you'll read how we build these cars with all new parts, starting with a bare floor pan. Yes, we build the whole body in-house from reproduction parts. Let's just say that your head will spin if you knew how many hours we spend building these bodies and then modifying them to be "correct" and do all the gaps. As much as I'd like to bash companies reproducing sheet metal...at least they're reproducing it. We couldn't build these cars if they didn't make the parts that come somewhat close. Since we build them from our own jigs, we have complete control and it's repeatable all the steps along the way. If one thing needs a nip and a tuck, they all need that nip and tuck. It's an amazing place.

Reinventing the Restomod: Revology’s 1968 Mustang GT Cobra Jet (motortrend.com)

Name:  Screenshot 2024-01-18 211934.png
Views: 324
Size:  841.7 KBName:  Screenshot 2024-01-18 212005.png
Views: 321
Size:  874.8 KBName:  Screenshot 2024-01-18 212026.png
Views: 322
Size:  991.1 KBName:  Screenshot 2024-01-18 212841.png
Views: 315
Size:  636.0 KB

If you happen to know anyone in Orlando (or anyone willing to relocate) looking for a job, you can check "Revology Cars" on Indeed.com.

Regards,
      Tony Huntimer
      @Camaro.Family Camaros
      1967 #QuickChangeCamaro - SpeedTech Suspension LS1/T56
      1967 #CFBee - SpeedTech Suspension SuperCharged LS3/T56
      1969 #TaxReturnCamaro Art Morrison Suspension 496/T56
      1986 #IROCdaily - Stock IROC

Congratulations Tony! Good luck at the new job.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Interesting stuff. How do you handle the vin #'s? Donor cars? I'm in South Florida, I can't believe you found enough talent in Orlando to run a business doing that. That is a miracle unto itself.

Hello Tony,

Long time, I actually applied for a parts/logistical job with them, but my resume is all aerospace orientated, so I was rejected, there's nothing car related on it, but it seemed like a cool job and they seem to be doing nice work there, awesome concept,

Welcome back to Florida, enjoy the weather, and yes that's a sarcastic remark,
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

that sounds ridiculous to me. This is one thing I can’t stand about the job market. If you worked at that company in sales is an example, and they got to know you, if the parts and logistics job came up, they could say oh, Steve could probably do that. Let’s give them a shot. But when they go out and write a job description for the position, it’s “must have 37-1/2 years in automotive parts, four year degree in logistics, Registered Nurse degree a plus.”
      Anyone who worked in aerospace can slide into automotive with a brief learning curve. Sorry, rant off.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve68 View Post
      Hello Tony,

Long time, I actually applied for a parts/logistical job with them, but my resume is all aerospace orientated, so I was rejected, there's nothing car related on it, but it seemed like a cool job

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrken View Post
      that sounds ridiculous to me. This is one thing I can’t stand about the job market. If you worked at that company in sales is an example, and they got to know you, if the parts and logistics job came up, they could say oh, Steve could probably do that. Let’s give them a shot. But when they go out and write a job description for the position, it’s “must have 37-1/2 years in automotive parts, four year degree in logistics, Registered Nurse degree a plus.”
      Anyone who worked in aerospace can slide into automotive with a brief learning curve. Sorry, rant off.

Thanks, Here in Fl. its worse than you think, especially the Aerospace industry, I actually was going to try and write a letter and explain my background, especially when my shop looks like there assembly line, but no big deal, I'll keep my other jobs and work on my stuff,
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Steve68 View Post
      Hello Tony,

Long time, I actually applied for a parts/logistical job with them, but my resume is all aerospace orientated, so I was rejected, there's nothing car related on it, but it seemed like a cool job and they seem to be doing nice work there, awesome concept,

Welcome back to Florida, enjoy the weather, and yes that's a sarcastic remark,
      Did they reject it, or did they never review it?

You need a "keyword" section for your resume.

When a company gets your resume, some secretary type puts all the resumes in a file folder, then runs searches on them for keywords. If yours doesn't hit, it's never seen by human eyes.

For example, I have no degree, but I've owned my own business, and thus have the equivalent of at least a Bachelor's in business. Without a keywords section, any job search of resumes for "Bachelor's degree" leaves mine out. On my keywords page, I have "Bachelor's degree, BA, BS, degree equivalent."

Anyone who really wants a degree will still skip my resume, but at least a human will look at it.
      Why do termites eat houses?

Because they have
      Munchausen Syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by ProTouring442 View Post
      Did they reject it, or did they never review it?

You need a "keyword" section for your resume.

When a company gets your resume, some secretary type puts all the resumes in a file folder, then runs searches on them for keywords. If yours doesn't hit, it's never seen by human eyes.

For example, I have no degree, but I've owned my own business, and thus have the equivalent of at least a Bachelor's in business. Without a keywords section, any job search of resumes for "Bachelor's degree" leaves mine out. On my keywords page, I have "Bachelor's degree, BA, BS, degree equivalent."

Anyone who really wants a degree will still skip my resume, but at least a human will look at it.

Been through all this for years, yes, I understand the keywords and I get murdered with aerospace companies for jobs, but in my field these companies are really picky about background and resumes are padded to no end,

and another thing I'm just not as interested as I used to be, I rather stay home and hang out with my dogs,

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com