Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Got my new kwik wire complete harness

I just got my Kwik Wire complete harness, 22 circuit, with all the wires front and back
      positive things;
      Very cheap! $200
      nice wire, labeled nicely and lots of it!
      nice fuse block
      Bad things
      confusing, not enough info manual
      there is no bulkhead, you have to feed the wires through a hole in the firewall!
      confusing wire, they only give you one wire for wipers, heater, and other things, when the stock wiring harness of course has way more wires, my windshield wiper uses more than 1 wire, as does my heater system??

The main problem i have with this kit is that it doesnt' use a bulhead and that its going to be a problem mounting. It wouldn't of been a prob. if i would of known i was going to be using this before smoothing painting the firewall. I give it a B grade.

Can you tell me what other companies that you have looked at?? And what about costs??
      Chris
      1971 RS Z28 Pro-touring thing......will it ever be done??

Country Flag: United States

E/Z wiring

I used an EZ 21 harness. It does not have a bulkhead connector either but it's fuse box is a direct replacement for the factory fuse box. I needed to make a plate to cover where the bulkhead connector exited the back of the fuse block but then the EZ fuse block goes over the plate and all looks factory from the inside. On my 71 Formula, there was a plug in the firewall located near the clutch pedal that I simply popped out and ground out to about 1" diameter and used the grommet supplied with the EZ kit. This was sufficient for all of the wires leading to the engine compartment to pass through tightly. When everything is final I'll seal it up. In the end, I'm happy with the EZ kit. Most of the wiring is GM color coded and the steering column connector just clicked in place. The directions pretty much suck but 21 circuits for less than $200 is pretty hard to beat.

Has anybody ever tryed Factory Fit??Ive only used just a console harness and it was very good.Easy to follow and was very much like factory.When I called them with a question they where concerned about how I liked the product.Wonder if they do custom?
      Chris

i am going to send this harness back, and get a painless universal. i like the idea of the fuse block bolting up stock and having the removalbe bulk head.

Can you tell me what other companies that you have looked at?? And what about costs??
      Chris

sorry that is top secret info, on a need to know basis.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com