Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

painless wiring help needed.

can you guys help me out with a topic i have going on camaros.net

I need to hook my painless 18c muscle car harness to there universal dash harness for my autometers (DSE dash ) the thread can be found here. please dont be scared to click on the link and read it. The guys at chevelles.com seem to be.

http://www.camaros.net/forum/ultimat...c/10/3276.html

Country Flag: United States
      Painless's support has been pretty good whenever I've called/emailed them.

I'd probably give them a holler and find out if they put the wrong thing in the box.

wiring harness

I have the same harnesses going in 69 with DSE dash and autometers. I will be installing everything this coming weekend. I'll let you know what I run into and what I do to hopefully resolve it. Please do the same.

You may know this already, but on my 18 circuit kit that looks like the wires for the turn signal switch connector. The section of my harness that goes to the intruments is already attached to a black connector. Maybe you're already seperated them from that connector though, in which case the gentleman on the camaro.net was right. Just plug them into the white plastic connector in the order that matches up with the guage harness. I have the exact setup.

now that I've looked again, the instrument wire sention has the wrong type of ends for that plastic connector. Or rather, the plastic connector is the wrong type. I have the harness kit 30301 and the painless 18 Circuit Camaro specific harness. Glad I saw this tread before I got the rest of my wiring stuff next week.

Let me know what you find, I'll do the same.

Here's what I figured.

In the 30301 universal guage harness, there are 15 bullet? type connectors. I believe, and it's what I'm going to do, is crimp these connectors to the wires from the main harness instrument panel section of the harness. Then these go into the white plastic connector coresponding to the colors on the guage harness, then it snaps together.

The attachment shows the connectors I'm talking about. Make sense?

If anyone knows what these connectors are called, let me know as I've lost some and need about 5 more.

DCx

yes! thank you that it what i needed. If you look on painless's web site they picture what looks like those same bullet connectors. was I that mis leading in my pictures? My brother supplied me with the connectors, he had them the whole time in his room. I havnt started the wiring install yet. I will post pics when I do so.

Not misleading,I was confused when I got my out to put it together. At the time, I couldn't figure it out so I moved to other stuff. Looking at it again with this thread, I was able to figure it out.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com