Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

best handling suspension that maximizes straight line acceleration?

Target platform is a 2nd gen camaro. I'm looking for advice on what combination of front and rear suspension will provide the best braking and cornering but put maximum priority on straight line acceleration traction. One specific question I have is, is there anything about a drag race style four link that would really hurt non-straightline handling? Any vehicles that I have experienced that have a nice four link in the rear also have a not-so-nice combination of stock suspension, stock brakes and "skinnies" up front which pretty much kill any kind of braking or steering. On the other hand, any vehicles that I've been in that have really serious front suspensions and brakes have been IRS and not at all set up for maximum straight line performance.

The application here is a 1500hp turbo small block, so when I say that I need to maximize straight line performance it's not really an optional criteria. As far as the "handling" I'm after, I'm not looking to go run with Z06's and Vipers on the road course, I just want something that is very responsive and confidence inspiring during "spirited" street driving. When I have to get on the brakes quickly, I don't want to feel like I'm plowing through a sand pit, if I have to quickly change lanes or swerve around something I don't want to feel like I'm in an Explorer that's about to flip over.

Any general suggestions on suspension designs would be great, and any specific products designed for the 2nd gen Camaro would be even better!

Thanks!
      Jeff

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com