Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

63 nova rear end

we are trying to find a junk yard rear end for my buddies 63 nova. we want a 5 lug because of better rim options, what type of car can we take it from, i heard that a s10 might fit. how much work is it to get one of a 3rd gen iroc to fit, since they usually come with disc brakes and posi traction?
      thanks

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      you can bolt up alot of different disc brakes and posi.. a 4th gen would be a stronger choice but not necassary. Early nova's are real narrow. You can find a 10 bolt out of a 70-73 Nova.Its close it is 3/4" wider on each side. 71+ usually have the stronger 8.5" ring gear. Its close but you will have to change the spring perch location. Rims would be no problem, just measure for your required back spacing.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

Country Flag: United States
      If it already has a rear end in it the width that will work, just have the axle flanges drilled for the 5 bolt pattern. You can get the wheels you want and continue on with the build. Later you can have an axle built with whatever posi, gears, brakes, etc. to the width you have. Just an option to consider.
      Brett

Vince,

The 4 luggers had very small brakes. You could redrill the axles but best bet is to find a 10 bolt out af any 64-67 Nova (bolt in) or one of the many narrower 9 inch rears. Where are you located? I can give you some info on some rears I know are available.

Dave
      1965 Nova SS Convertible

thanks for the help, i am located in orange county california. any help is much appreciated

vince

Vince,

Please shoot me an email at [email protected] and I should be able to help.

Dave
      1965 Nova SS Convertible

will do thanks

Country Flag: United States

Rear End Widths

This site has a bunch of widths listed. You can compare to the stock 57.75" and see what other rears would get you close.

http://www.carnut.com/specs/rear.html

Also some of the 66-67 cars had 12 bolts in them.

Brandon
      Brandon Wiedeman
      1972 Suburban
      1967 Chevy II - Project not yet started

I have about 3 lifetimes worth of projects planned out in my head!
      Wiedo's

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com