Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

PCV Valve Baffle

Hello,

I am running Trick Flow fabricated aluminum valve covers on trick flow heads and using stud girdles. My PCV valve is un-baffled and I am burning a ton of oil on a new engine. Ive read using a pcv valve more suitable for a low-vac engine like mine, cv-746-c would be helpful in place of my 774 c valve, but I am really looking for a baffled solution. All of the baffled pcv valve grommets state that they will not work with girdles. Is there another solution I am missing? A pcv extender with a baffled grommet?

Thanks,

Ken

What's your idle vacuum? I've heard of people runnin the PCV from a 70 Z28 since it was also low vacuum.

The other thing to check is to ensure you're getting a sufficient supply of fresh air into the other rocker cover.
      1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

Have you added a PCV catch can?

I have not added a catch can, and I dont know what my vacuum is, but I am assuming its fairly low with a somewhat large solid roller cam. Im going through almost a quart every hundred when cruising at 75 on the freeway (2700RPM). My tailpipes are black and sooty, but I dont ever see the car smoke. Not on start up or acceleration or deceleration. When I pull the PCV valve out, it drips oil, so I am fairly certain it is the culprit. The breather on the other VC is new/clean, so I am assuming it flows.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

My solution: Valve covers with extensions for baffles and a PCV Catch can. I am thinking about running two PCV valves on one side and the breather on the other side with the idea of keeping the volume of air evacuated the same but lowering the velocity at each valve, maybe drawing less oil. Does that make sense?
      Hoping to have the system installed over the weekend and I will report back.

Name:  Breather VC.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  16.5 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com