Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Fuel system Routing suggestions and advise?

Hello All,

I am attempting to put together my fuel delivery system for my new LS into my Camaro. The motor is a TSP LS3 dyno'ed at a bit above 600 HP and I am going to use a 400 lph pump. I ordered the line, a Ridgid 37 degree flaring tool and an access door to install above the tank.

I am going to run 3/8" Nicopp lines to a by-pass reg with a filter on the return to the tank (thinking a pre-filter wouldn't be a bad idea either) . It would be nice to have the reg in the engine bay for trouble shooting and adjustment. However the 1st gen Camaros stock routing is up the passenger side and the fuel rail on the LS3 is on the driver side. What are some good routing practices to get the lines over to the fuel rail? Please note it is busy on the passenger side of my engine bay as the bakes, hydraulic clutch and wiper motor all live on that side.

I would also like to hear what regulators you are using and how are they working for you? Looking at Holley & Edelbrock but I am open to suggestions.

Cheers, Brew
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

I'm running Aeromotive pump, filters and regulator. Much better quality than Holley IMO. All the return fuel system plumbing recommendations I have seen say to use a 100micron filter on the supply side of the fuel pump and a 10micron filter on the pressure side. No filter on the return line. If you are running all new line there is no reason that you cannot route it down the driver side. But to be honest, you might be wise to take a look at vaporworx they offer a fuel controller that takes advantage of an OEM CTS-V fuel pump in a non-return system.

https://www.vaporworx.com/
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

You can also flipped the LS3 fuel rail 180.
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

Quote Originally Posted by rickpaw View Post
      You can also flipped the LS3 fuel rail 180.
      Wow! I feel a bit silly that I didn't even think of that! Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Rick I owe you a beer!
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

I just read through the info on the vaporworx site and like the sound of their system. I like the idea of letting the electronics control the pump instead of just running full speed all the time. It is a similar setup to what we use in many of the systems we use in the brewery. Thanks Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      I'm running Aeromotive pump, filters and regulator. Much better quality than Holley IMO. All the return fuel system plumbing recommendations I have seen say to use a 100micron filter on the supply side of the fuel pump and a 10micron filter on the pressure side. No filter on the return line. If you are running all new line there is no reason that you cannot route it down the driver side. But to be honest, you might be wise to take a look at Vaporworx they offer a fuel controller that takes advantage of an OEM CTS-V fuel pump in a non-return system.

https://www.vaporworx.com/

Thanks for the phone call today Moto. We look forward to working with you.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Just spent the last 2 hours reading every inch of your website Carl. WOW!! What great information you have on there!

We'll be talking soon!

Anytime John.

The website needs some cleanup and reorg, but the darn webmaster needs to get around to it (me.)
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

The OEM fuel pump is a nice choice with VW controller. Easy install and works great.

1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com