Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Anyone used Ultimate Headers Extreme Low Profile clamps

I'm having clearance issues between my stainless works header collectors and the bottom of my floor on my 69 z28. I'm going to cut and reweld the collectors, but don't want to angle down too much. I thought about using these in conjunction. Any input on them? Did they seem like they work pretty well? No leak issues with them?

I don't think I'll have room for flange plates, and most v-band clamps look like they're a lot "thicker" than these.

http://ultimateheaders.com/low-profile-clamp.shtml

Thanks in advance.

I’ll bump this up, I’m interested as well. I messed up my v-bands unloading the car off of a trailer. It looks like the ultimate clamps will give me a little extra ground clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by 65 drop top View Post
      I’ll bump this up, I’m interested as well. I messed up my v-bands unloading the car off of a trailer. It looks like the ultimate clamps will give me a little extra ground clearance.
      I went ahead and ordered a set on Thursday with O2 bungs welded in, which was only $11 more for that. I spoke with Jim on the phone for a little while and he seemed like a great guy. I'm anxious to get them in and see how it goes, but have a good feeling. A couple vbands alone were $150 or so, so for an extra 80 bucks you get flexibility in case the exhaust doesn't mate up 100% flush. He said the clamp was about .25" protruded, so I'm going to try to get .5 to .75" collector clearance before the clamp and call it good.

why a clamp? Hooker has a great slip fit similar to and end butt connector that seals tight on my 3" exhaust.
      car is lowered and zero ground clearance issues.
      Name:  20160721_152311.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  160.6 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com