Country Flag: United States

Default Best bang for buck 56 Chevy pickup suspension

Picked up a 56 Cameo pickup. Iím new to trucks and looking for suggestions on decent suspension that wonít break the bank. Been looking at No Limit, Progressive, Nerd Rods, and Heidts. I donít think AME and Roadstershop will meet my budget.

Thanks,
    Don
    1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
    1969 Camaro convertible - LS3 4L65E Ridetech Level 2 Tru-Turn - sold
    1959 El Camino project
    1969 Mustang Sportsroof project
    1956 Cameo project

Best bang for the buck is take all the parts you threw away from the LSA car you are doing and put them under the truck. Seriously.

Subframes on those trucks are pretty straight forward, make up some mounts and hang the camaro leaf springs in the back.......jesus, telling someone to subframe a truck makes me feel old.

If you want to buy things.....
    I'm dealer number 33 for Heidts and I don't buy anything from them anymore. I'll leave that at that. I have always been pretty meh on the progressive stuff. I like Rob's stuff a lot but have never had a need for it as 99% of the time I just put a chassis under the truck and get it from TCI, who I have been with forever, or RS, who is right down the road.
    Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
    Best bang for the buck is take all the parts you threw away from the LSA car you are doing and put them under the truck. Seriously.

Subframes on those trucks are pretty straight forward, make up some mounts and hang the camaro leaf springs in the back.......jesus, telling someone to subframe a truck makes me feel old.

If you want to buy things.....
    I'm dealer number 33 for Heidts and I don't buy anything from them anymore. I'll leave that at that. I have always been pretty meh on the progressive stuff. I like Rob's stuff a lot but have never had a need for it as 99% of the time I just put a chassis under the truck and get it from TCI, who I have been with forever, or RS, who is right down the road.
    Thanks Donny. I sold all the suspension etc from the LSA car but I have all the stuff from my wife’s 69 convertible. It never occurred to me to use that stuff. Does a first gen rear steer fit better than a front steer second gen subframe? I think Kevin (qnitro) has around ten of those laying around.

Thanks,
    Don
    1959 El Camino project
    1956 Cameo project

Interesting thread by No Limit. They even sell a DVD. Ordered one.

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...ht=camaro+clip

Don
    1959 El Camino project
    1956 Cameo project

I have never done a 2nd gen subframe nor have I put one in a 55-59. I know they don't work in the 47-53 because the steering box and radiator want to be in the same spot.

Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!