Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Has anyone gotten their Speedtech's Extreme subframe...opinions/feedback wanted...

Looking for pics, opinions, thoughts on Speedtech's new Extreme sub frame. I'm guessing a few have went out by now and would really like some feedback. I'm most interested in 2nd gen, but any info would be helpful.

1971 Firebird
      2017 Slipstream SS

Country Flag: United States
      I doubt you'll get any on the road reviews for 2nd Gens. I've was looking at them too and as of a few weeks ago they still didn't have any headers ready to ship to customers. I think Roger there has a 1st Gen running but he would be a bit biased. I assume Blake or Jay will speak up if they know someone with one running.

I have mine for my 68 camaro. I've installed it only to move my car to my new house. I can say that it's very well constructed and all parts and hardware are high quality and well thought out. The only mod I've done to it was install ARP extended wheel studs.
      Ahmad B.

I was under the impression a few have shipped out already. Ahmad, thanks for the comments. Any pics by any chance?
      1971 Firebird
      2017 Slipstream SS

We've had quite a few of both gens' ExtReme subframes head out. Probably the biggest issue with getting feedback right now is that the frames are brand new and build projects sometimes take a while to actually hit the pavement. We recently had a gentlemen call and ask for some install help, and he was on record for buying his parts from us 8 years ago!

Roger's '69 is complete and driving, and yes he raves about the upgrade compared to the Speedtech Pro Touring subframe he took out. Note it really is his opinion rather than bias. It has not been driven alot, he doesn't have inner fenders in it right now and we are waiting on a composites company to get back to us with our prototype for widened fiberglass inner fender wells that will be test fit on RedZed. BTW once we verify fit and function, those will be available as an add on for a frame purchase. Once he gets the inners in he will be pounding on the car pretty hard. We have several events scheduled for later in the year.

2nd gen headers are just about done. We have contracted Ultimate headers to produce our custom design and they have told us we should have the prototype back by end of next week to test fit on Jay's 73 Camaro. Again, once we verify fit and function they hit the catalog and production. As stated 1st gen headers are available now.

Ron Sutton is a dealer for the ExtReme products and he's had a few go out too. He may have some additional feedback. If you haven't seen it yet, Roger's RedZed upgrade is HERE. Lots of pics to help folks see how it all goes together.

Speedtech's C10 has basically the same suspension geometry and torque arm rear suspension as all the other ExtReme applications. So far it's 3 for 3 first places in autocross events it participated in. Not bad for a 3900 lb honest street truck.

I'm not on the sales staff, I'm the graphic design and concept rendering guy here and like you all a total motorhead. I had a different suspension on my G body wagon when I came to work here and after a year on payroll decided I wanted my own personal testimony of Speedtech parts so I swapped over my entire suspension on my dime. My car never handled better, and it is a blast to drive. I love going to events and spanking pony cars with a long back 3700 lb brick.

It has been eye opening working for Speedtech for the last 3 years. With an opinion looking in from your side of the fence I can honestly say the effort that went into these F/X body subframes, the C10 frame, now the prototypes for the Chevelle frames and what will be going into the future 55-57 Chevy frames is incredible. The guys that run Speedtech aren't in it just to make a buck, it's the old "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" mentality here. Ultimately the goal is to see our products and your cars in the winner's circle. The Extreme products were born out of being sick of seeing too many Corvettes and not enough Novas, Camaros, and Chevelles on the stand at the big events. The drivers of those Vettes have done a fantastic job dominating the field but Speedtech's hope as folks buy these suspension systems and get the cars tuned and to events the playing field will be more level.

There's my opinion, and it wouldn't change if I weren't wearing the Speedtech name badge.
      Last edited by Ben@SpeedTech; 04-15-2016 at 02:37 PM.
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

Quote Originally Posted by cpd004 View Post
      I was under the impression a few have shipped out already. Ahmad, thanks for the comments. Any pics by any chance?
      I'm having trouble uploading them. I can email them to you? I've tried twice to post them up with no luck. ....
      Ahmad B.

I just got mine for a 1st gen a few days ago. It all seems to be fantastic quality. I'll probably assemble it next weekend and can post up some more detailed pics then.

Cole Matthews
      1969 Pontiac Firebird -
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/120405-1969-Firebird-Build
      2013 GT-R
      2011 CTS-V
      1963 F-100

Quote Originally Posted by cpd004 View Post
      Looking for pics, opinions, thoughts on Speedtech's new Extreme sub frame. I'm guessing a few have went out by now and would really like some feedback. I'm most interested in 2nd gen, but any info would be helpful.
      I think Ben answered all the current questions. just an update like ben said the Truck has been out driving and winning since last summer, it has basically the same geometry just 1.5" longer control arms and a Unisteer rack instead of the Sweet unit, (which we are changing BTW) we just had it the LAs Vegas optima event and it did well comparing the AutoX times Jake Roselli was first is GTV with a 47.259 and we ended up 6th with a 49.57, the truck is 600 lb heavier with an automatic and a 550hp LS3, so I am not sure how you even compare the 2 but we are happy with the results. I have not seen the full results yet of the road course we ended up in first place in our run group??? The performance of the product is impressive and I think as more guys finish up there cars and get them driving you will see the end results of a lot of hard work.
      I can tell you from driving the truck on the street and highway it drives NICE, we have heavy springs in it for what we do but still the shock adjustment makes for an acceptable ride with softer springs more set for street application it will be GREAT, I just talked to Tom Argue who has finished a C10 with the chassis had we swapped in some 450lb front springs and he LOVES the way it drives and handles. I know it may not be an UNBIAS statement but it is what it is until the others are finished.
      Blake Foster
      www.speedtechperformance.com
      435-628-4300
      St. George Utah.
      it's always sunny here.

New Speedtech Clips with RSRT geometry .... built & shipping out to be on mean handling Pro-Touring cars.

Name:  13006478_1324972494185286_3040129878693492332_n.jpg
Views: 2340
Size:  113.4 KB

I partially assembled mine this weekend. I'll finish it up Wednesday or Thursday, let me know if you want more detailed pictures.

Cole Matthews
      1969 Pontiac Firebird -
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/120405-1969-Firebird-Build
      2013 GT-R
      2011 CTS-V
      1963 F-100

Looking good!!
      Blake Foster
      www.speedtechperformance.com
      435-628-4300
      St. George Utah.
      it's always sunny here.

Quote Originally Posted by PD-1969 View Post
      I partially assembled mine this weekend. I'll finish it up Wednesday or Thursday, let me know if you want more detailed pictures.

Looks great!
      1971 Firebird
      2017 Slipstream SS

How is your subframe install going? Any updated pics or challenges/

Do factory wheel wells still bolt up to this sub frame?
      1971 Firebird
      2017 Slipstream SS

Anyone drive one of these yet? Mine just got installed. I have a cjr steering pump. Short track so plenty of pressure. The steering is hard to turn? Not terrible just harder then original power steering. Especially standing still. Should rack pinion be a bit harder to turn?

Quote Originally Posted by Melmount View Post
      Anyone drive one of these yet? Mine just got installed. I have a cjr steering pump. Short track so plenty of pressure. The steering is hard to turn? Not terrible just harder then original power steering. Especially standing still. Should rack pinion be a bit harder to turn?
      Pump pressure will make a difference as will wider sticky tires, especially standing still.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by Melmount View Post
      I think the Sweet Manufacturing racks are tunable by changing the servo if that's the rack you have. The last 3 digits are the servo. Name:  sweet rack numbers.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  98.3 KB

Speedtech also now offers a couple of the varieties of servo as mentioned above.

When you ordered your pump (I don't know CRJ?), did you tell them the application? Matching pressure and volume from pump to rack is important. Many are built for either a factory style steering gear or the Ford Mustang II rack, and the Sweet rack has different requirements...
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

70 Camaro RS Hunk'o'Metal - Previous Project
      71 Firebird Project T.O.W. - New Project

Yes it's stiffer than you're probably expecting. I have a Turn One pump. It took a bit of getting used to at first. In my opinion the feedback is very good.
      1971 Firebird
      2017 Slipstream SS

Country Flag: Germany
      Is there even more feedback of real live cars and owners ?
      I would like to see pictures with engines installed or mocked up.
      I am looking for a 69 Camaro subframe and would like to see the options and quotes for best subframes...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com