Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

vintage air gen iv need help

A little back ground, 69 camaro with gen 4 with the conversion for the orginal controls. I installed this and couldn't get it to work. Contacted vintage air and for a month diagnosed and replaced a few parts. What was determined is that the harness for the controls was wired from the factory wrong and took out the ecm and slide pots. V.a. sent me an ecm, harness for the controls and new pots. Programmed just fine but I don't have voltage to the binary switch. I checked voltage at the relay and nothing going to the switch. With the relay disconnected, I checked voltage at the other 3 terminals at the relay plug and get 12.97 at terminal 30, 12.97 at terminal 85 and 12.80 at terminal 86. This doesn't make sense to me, has anyone had this happen? I did try a different relay

Country Flag: United States
      Yes it does because the Vintage Air controller is most likely not pulling one of the coil pins low to energize the relay. Measure those voltages with the relay installed and see what you get. Will probably be the same thing.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I found out that 2 of my controls programmed properly but he temp control didn't. After reprogramming the controls it now has voltage to the binary switch.

Just for future reference for anyone doing the install. After the controls are programmed and switching from one temp to the other extreme the blower motor will pulse for a second. That tells you that it is working properly.
      Now just to get the unit filled.

good to hear you got the support to figure it out / fix.
      i just confirmed my V/A unit trinary switch failed, all is working and tests as it should except for the trinary having 135 psi and signal hot going to it but not sending power through, ordered one up and waiting for it to show.

problem identified, trinary replaced only to find clicking heater valve, VA is sending replacement, installed trinary all is working mechanically but not cooling like should

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com