Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Why does this forum destroy post fomatting?

Check this post: https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...96#post1270596 It was nicely formatted with sentence breaks and paragraphs. But now has all sentences run together. WHY? Bob. P.S. I'll bet this post does the same. As posted there are sentences that are blank line separated... - - - Updated - - - Yep, all sentences in this post run together... Bob.

Country Flag: United States
      This is something that I have not seen before.

Are you writing your posts is something like word and then pasting it here?
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

This can happen if trying to copy/paste the text used in another forum as well. Ask me how I know.... ;-)
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

The post(s) were typed in via the reply dialog, native to the Pro Touring forum.

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by a67 View Post
      The post(s) were typed in via the reply dialog, native to the Pro Touring forum.

Bob.
      What browser are you using? It would seem its something user specific based on the fact other posts before and after yours in the same thread had the lines spaced out.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      What browser are you using? It would seem its something user specific based on the fact other posts before and after yours in the same thread had the lines spaced out.
      Firefox V 52.8.1 Just occurred again: https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...77#post1271977 That post was opened/entered via a simple reply. The post after that one did the same with a quote (deleted the quoted text), didn't want to actually quote. Just wanted to see if it made a difference. Bob. P.S. just to add this post also has the white-space formatting removed. P.P.S. I am also active on other forums and this issue has not occurred.

Testing

Testing

Bob.

Testing1

Testing2

Bob.

Testing3

Testing 4

Bob.

Firefox V 52.8.1 Just occurred again: https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...77#post1271977 That post was opened/entered via a simple reply. The post after that one did the same with a quote (deleted the quoted text), didn't want to actually quote. Just wanted to see if it made a difference. Bob. P.S. just to add this post also has the white-space formatting removed. P.P.S. I am also active on other forums and this issue has not occurred.
      If your Firefox is 64bit, you're waaaaaay behind.

I'm posting this with Firefox and the version 61.0.1

I purposely spaced this out.....
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

It is 32 bit and from the ESR channel. No beta testing for me. I have an idea of what is causing the issue, as you can see above those posts formatted correctly.

Bob.

Any thoughts? We have been working on the server in the background and wonder if any changes we made had any effect.
      Larry Callahan

A while ago I started running the NoScript add on. Was thinking that it may have been a blocked script that wasn't allowing the proper formatting. But the above tests showed that it may not be that.

If this post formats properly then it wasn't that (note this line is a new paragraph with a blank line between it and the previous paragraph).

Bob.
      {edit to add: the formatting is correct}
      {second edit: after adding the edit line the post is now all run together, so something is still wrong}
      Last edited by a67; 08-04-2018 at 08:15 AM. Reason: formatting

OK, so unless a board change was made it was me. I just made a few posts including editing the above post. And they formatted properly.

I was only allowing the main board (pro-touring.com) script to run but not the others. So apparently one of the other three scripts was required.

Bob.

Nothing we changed should have had any effect. I'm glad to hear that it's working for you now.
      Larry Callahan

Thanks, I enabled the jquery and the pt-content scripts. That does the trick.

I don't like having to run NoScript, but it has gotten to the point on many websites they create dozens of connections to other sites. Talk about using bandwidth and memory, to the point that the PC just slogs down. I've even gone as far to adjust my purchases so I don't have to deal with those sites.

Bob.

Thanks, I enabled the jquery and the pt-content scripts. That does the trick.

I don't like having to run NoScript, but it has gotten to the point on many websites they create dozens of connections to other sites. Talk about using bandwidth and memory, to the point that the PC just slogs down. I've even gone as far to adjust my purchases so I don't have to deal with those sites.

Bob.
      Sorry for the trouble. I try to keep everything as close as possible. The goal of the site is to survive and not make a living off it. I have a day job for that. LOL!
      Larry Callahan

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com