Default Keeping records of your build?

Evening guys and gals,

So I'm curious as to how you keep track of all the non stock parts of your build. I got a binder and laminate sheets and I've been tracking everything I can. Ive taken educated guesses on years of cars that I've raided at the pick and pulls, but I can't be 100% sure. Do you take pictures of the vins and look them up. I know my seats are an option out of a focus(2013?). Do you save all of your purchase invoices?

Any cool ideas that we can share would be awesome. Excel, binders, white boards in the garage, whatever we have going on would be awesome.

Country Flag: United States

I have a spreadsheet of what I bought, part number, cost and vendor. It’s been quite helpful for myself as well as helping others.
    1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
    2016 BMW X1
    2016 Subaru WRX

Quote Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda View Post
    I have a spreadsheet of what I bought, part number, cost and vendor. It’s been quite helpful for myself as well as helping others.
    Ive been thinking about a spreadsheet. What happens if I sell the truck or better yet pass it on to my daughter, it would screw over the next ower if it were as is because nothing is stock anymore. Hell its not even all ford.