Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Hybrid View

Country Flag: United States

Newer style Camaro gauges into a 69?

In the process of having my 69 convertible redone and I can't decide on the gauges to use/have done. I'd love to be able to use the current day gauges out of an SS or ZL1...units are availabe new and used, but has anybody done this? Major pain or expense?

Car is not going back stock...LS3 with a spool, 6 speed, Forgelines, etc...

Thank you for the help guys!

unless you're swimming in it then it isn't worth the money, I've retrofitted the new dash into my 68 but the gauges will be entirely aftermarket. Dakota digital quotes approx 6 months and $1300 to convert the gauges to work at which point any aftermarket gauges are easily affordable and will fit into the 5th gen housing.
      It's much cheaper to do what I'm doing, buy a 5th gen gauge cluster, remove the gauges and directly install speedhuts with OBD2 input

Thank you sir, and kind of what I thought. Can you post pictures of your set up? I'll check your build link as well. Cheers!!!!

I can take pictures but for now the 5th gen gauges are still sitting in there until I purchase new gauges, they're just not a priority right now

Thanks bud. Looked over your build, and it's looking great! Always impressed with guys that have the skill and talent to do it on their own.

Going with the new gauges that Dakota just released. Exactly what I was looking for.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com