Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Bluetooth Amplifier

Hello,

I am looking for an amp that has a Bluetooth input built in. I am hoping to just run a power wire to the trunk for the amp and a couple package tray speakers. Is this doable and if so, does anyone have a suggestion on a brand or dealer?

Thanks,

Ken

They are all over Amazon. Several of the newer car amplifiers have a built in bluetooth input.

Country Flag: Canada
      Ken ... I buy all my stuff from Sonicelectronix, tons of selection, GREAT support and awesome pricing

Cheers
      Steve
      Build it right ... 'The 2nd Time !!'
      69' SS/RS X11 PRO-TOURING E-Force LS7 - SOLD
      2 Custom FJ40's -SOLD
      Next - "Killer Piggy" & 77' 911 Hotrod

Thanks for the replies.

It turns out I was just searching incorrectly. The trick is to search on a car audio website to find an amp with bluetooth built in, then search for that part number through amazon, ebay, etc. Im finding only a few big-name brands that offer an amp like this, but what I didnt consider is how limited tuning/balance/fading would be with a phone/ipod. I think I will just run some 6x9's in the package tray via 4 ch amp. Sonic is a great tip, thanks much!

I have found that using just the phone as a source unit is difficult to get great full and balanced sound compared to a regular installation with a radio that has EQ adjustments. There are EQ apps you can download and some music apps like Spotify have basic EQ adjustments that help. A little overkill but if you still want to use just a phone as the source, you can put a JL Audio TwK in between a Bluetooth adapter and regular amp. That would give you full tunability and a volume knob... I plan on using a JL VXi amp (which has the TwK built in) and a phone as the source unit in my car
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

Crutchfield is always a great place to get electronic info ;)

I’ve looked at some of the Bluetooth amps out there and I’ve seen some negative comments about not being able to adjust the gain when using Bluetooth

I have a JBL 4 channel Bluetooth amp. Works great. Has a small screen that can be hidden. No issues with it

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com