Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1968 Firebird original with original documentation

1968 Pontiac Firebird. Original one owner title is still reserved. Matching numbers as far and I can tell but I'm not a classic car expert. It's an original 250CI OHC with three speed on the column making this a rare car.. Almost zero rust on the car just a couple spots that are on the surface.. Floor boards, trunk pan, rockers, quarter panels, and fenders are in excellent shape.. Seats are in like new condition and still soft and springy.. I have the original build sheet, owners manual, title, and warranty paperwork with the car.. It's a running driving car but needs some work to be reliable (Carb rebuild and hook the choke up.) also need the lights and instrument cluster hooked back up. The car sat in a shipping container since 1978 until I purchased it about a year ago and got it running and cleaned up.. I’m wondering how much I should ask for this car.. I was gonna resto mod it but things have changed and now I need some extra money. I did have the motor rebuilt and has 5 miles on the new engineAny help would be appreciated
      Attached Images Attached Images                      

Country Flag: United States
      Cool car! I'm not sure where you're located, or even how much that matters these days, but in the Detroit area, I'd expect to see an asking price around $10-12k .
      - Ryan

Awesome thanks.. I’m located in the upstate South Carolina
      Last edited by BadBird68; 06-18-2018 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Typo

Looks like some rust issues due to a vinyl top. Around $8k imho. These Firebirds just don’t bring big money in my experience.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Well the two spots is actually just chipped paint and that’s an undercoating of primer.

If you want to know real market value list it on eBay with a high reserve....

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I tend to agree with dhutton. I have a 69 Firebird and the reason I bought a Firebird instead of a Camaro is because it was significantly cheaper. Essentially the same car. Eventually when we run out of Camaros, the Firebirds will start to come up in value a lot more too.

Nice car! I wish it was closer

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com