Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      I like that you are offering this with the adjustable bumpsteer stack. I can say that I have driven the same car down the same bad roads with a typical bumpsteer setup and then an optimized bumpsteer setup (fully adjusted to my car using a gauge). I don't remember what my starting numbers were but they were not as bad as a lot of these numbers I hear about on classics. It was completely different with the better setup. I had not even realized how much the steering was jerking around on this very bumpy road. I was just perceiving it as the entire car bouncing around like on stutter bumps. With the steering optimized I would say it felt 40% better in these really bumpy road sections.

Country Flag: United States
      Lance and Ben,

Thank you both for the detailed answers!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Country Flag: Canada
      So I need ???? These for a daily driver ?
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      So I need ???? These for a daily driver ?
      Why not? You already have a pair of great spindles. Just need that little bit more, Ryan. lol

Country Flag: Canada
      Ok .. guess that solves that then lol
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Any time Andrew, that's what we're here for.

Ryan- Every little bit helps right? In a daily you'll probably mostly feel the advantage of a smoother ride that doesn't tug you around with every little bump in the road. If you drive like me and practice autocross maneuvers on the very curvy roads you drive to and from work on every day, yeah, you should buy them. Lol! If you put 'em on, let us know how the car runs before and after.
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

Wanted to add a little to this, we also did the same steering arm upgrade for the Gbody and we used my GN for the testing. the first time i turned the steering wheel to get it off the hoist I could tell it was better, no squealing tires (brand new Nt05 on polished concrete floors) really easy to turn, more turn angle, driving on the street the improved bump steer made a big difference. the original arms were good these are just better.

the car feels a lot more responsive and stable on the bumpy roads.

just my feedback
      Blake Foster
      www.speedtechperformance.com
      435-628-4300
      St. George Utah.
      it's always sunny here.

So will these new improvements make their way to X bodies with standard subframes running your control arms as well or will people who want the improved steering arms and ackerman need to get the extreme subframe? Id love to buy an extreme subframe but my budget consists of pocket lint and peanuts lol.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonianNova View Post
      So will these new improvements make their way to X bodies with standard subframes running your control arms as well or will people who want the improved steering arms and ackerman need to get the extreme subframe? Id love to buy an extreme subframe but my budget consists of pocket lint and peanuts lol.
      we do have a bump steer kit available for the first gen using stock or AFX spindles as of now but no billet steering arms.
      Blake Foster
      www.speedtechperformance.com
      435-628-4300
      St. George Utah.
      it's always sunny here.

I am thinking about using these on a S-10 with a 123" wheelbase. Does anyone know if this would be "too much" ackerman, and I be better off with factory GM ackerman angles?

I did some calculations using factory specs (S-10 track=57.2" wheelbase=123" , G body: track=58.5" wheelbase=108.1"). With a 30* outside tire steering angle, perfect ackerman puts the inner tire angle at 1.8* less on the S-10 than the G-body. Increasing the S-10 track width will get the difference closer to the G-body's ideal ackerman.

Is 1.8* of extra inner tire steering angle no big deal?

Just installed these, one thing to consider is the tire gets pushed further into the rear of the front wheel well when turning the wheel all the way to the left or right, so there is a very good chance your tire will hit the frame/brake line bracket and the wheel well. Mine was ok on the driver's side but hit in 3 places on the passenger side. Its fixable with a grinder and with the GNX wheel well mods. if your front wheels and tires are huge you will bang the frame.

Mike
      86 Buick GN, Stage 2 V6, Twin EFR Turbos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com