Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

wilwood hubs, custom rotors?

Hey guys,

I was looking at using a set of wilwood aluminum hubs and using a different set of non wilwood rotors/calipers. Has anyone does this? If so what have you used? Looking for a set of rotors that have a gm bolt pattern. Thanks!

What problem are you trying to solve?
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
      What problem are you trying to solve?
      Im trying to figure out what rotors that aren't wilwood will fit the aluminum hubs. Is the hub really 78.33 or 70.88?

They are all here. https://wilwood.com/Hubs/HubList?subid=47 Which one do you have?
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post

They are all here. https://wilwood.com/Hubs/HubList?subid=47 Which one do you have?
      I am looking to get P/N 270-11058.

This hub is not designed for a "Hat" style rotor, or hat + rotor. These hubs are designed to use an "Adapter Ring". The adapter bolts to the back side of the hub (5 bolts pattern) and adapts to the rotor. In this case, Wilwood has adapters for 6 bolt and 8 bolt rotors. (mostly 12.19" or smaller rotors). The adapters may or may not have an offset, to move the rotor in - or - out, as need for caliper placement or packaging. In many cases, I have cut adapter rings for Wilwood hubs going out to a 12 bolt x 8.75" pattern, to use larger rotors, with standard mounting hardware or floater pucks. At any rate, once you go down this path, you are on your own. Most of the info you need is on the company sites, it's up to you to find the parts you want, and figure out how to use them.

"This hub is not designed for a "Hat" style rotor, or hat + rotor. These hubs are designed to use an "Adapter Ring". The adapter bolts to the back side of the hub (5 bolts pattern) and adapts to the rotor. In this case, Wilwood has adapters for 6 bolt and 8 bolt rotors."

What he said. In fact most of the hubs I've seen had a pretty large radius curve up to the dust cover area.

Here is one
      http://howeracing.com/index.php/howe...a-spindle.html
      1978 Black Trans Am 455 Edelbrock heads [email protected] through mufflers on pump gas
      1981 Trans Am 400 stock type motor
      79 Camaro getting a 500" 695 hp IA2 Pontiac motor
      1965 GTO project car
      470ci/Chevy dual quad 409 604 HP 64 Impala SS project
      2004 Pulse Red GTO

You might be able to find a hub on that page that has the same bearing dimensions and such; but offers a hat mount. The description says hat or adapter, and the picture will show 2-3 small threaded holes which bolt the hat to the face of the hub.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

I ordered my custom rotors from Coleman Racing when Wilwood did not offer one that would work for my application. But you need to settle on the adapter before you can order rotors. As stated above, you are entering an area where you are on your own because no one is going to know what you need but you.

http://www.colemanracing.com/Custom-...ild-It-W9.aspx
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com