Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Brake and clutch wont line up even with Clayton Machine pedals

I have had an issue with my brake being about 2 inches higher than my clutch so i bought Clayton machine pedals hoping they would even out. Problem is i still have the same issue. does the brake pedal need to be touching the rubber pad? if not i think i can adjust the rod to improve it then. but even then i dont think the pedal will be anywhere near the rubber pad. i am using a manual wilwood master cylinder.

thanks!
      1969 Camaro under construction.
      1967 firebird. 6.0/t56. Ridetech stage 2. Moser 9 inch. Forgeline wheels.(SOLD)

Is this for a Camaro or Firebird? I had this issue with my first gen. I also thought it was crazy but apparently that’s how things were done back then. Why the Clayton assembly is like that is beyond me. But I do have a quick easy fix that is very cheap. I used the stock brake and clutch assembly and just cut off the clutch pad, repositioned with brake pedal and welded on the clutch pad. You can see pics of this in my build which is in my signature. I also used the zl1 pedal pads but you can use any pedal pads you want. Good luck!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com