Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Project Bike Truck View Post
      I'm not even sure, to be honest, it was on friends Auto X car. the only thing I used is the pumpkin cover and pivot. I could reach out and contact him if need be?
      Just curious. I eventually want to go link bars and build a watts, I've been brainstorming on welding braces on the factory steel cover
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Quote Originally Posted by LERM View Post
      This one looks every bit as nice in person as it does in this thread. Awesome work. Cool to see you on here too man!
      Thanks looking forward to getting to hang out again soon.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzilla View Post
      Glad to see another 2.3L here (mines not a Ford though)! Will be following. I may have missed it but what size turbo are you going to run?
      Its a T3/T4 with a 60 A/R same one everyone used on the imports from my days. But if i can budget later for a better one i will. going to call a favor from a friend and get the manifold made so it will be fancy.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Diggin’ the engine choice. Screaming little turbo..... awesome! Can’t wait to see updated pics as it comes together.
      Burn em’ while we have em’. Fossil fuels and rubber tires till the end!

[QUOTE=Z06killinSBF;1270376]Just curious. I eventually want to go link bars and build a watts, I've been brainstorming on welding braces on the factory

you want to build your own? Looking at your work I’m sure you could. If not I would reach out to Ron and dave at http://www.ronsutton-racetechnology.com/ I’m sure there is something that will work for you. I would do mine a little different if I built my own and i would have had Ron help with it if I had known them at the time. But this will work just fine and I know it will not go anywhere.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      Who's watts link is that?
      I'm not even sure, to be honest, it was on friends Auto X car. the only thing I used is the pumpkin cover and pivot. I could reach out and contact him if need be?
      its the FTR watts https://www.fullytorquedracing.com/m...atts-link.html. Center section is great, the uprights to the chassis were the weak link in the SN95 application IIRC
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by frink84 View Post
      its the FTR watts https://www.fullytorquedracing.com/m...atts-link.html. Center section is great, the uprights to the chassis were the weak link in the SN95 application IIRC
      thanks for the response and help.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Did a little CAD (cardboard aided design) drawing for the shock mounts and some other tabs I needed. Making forward progress. Torque arm mounts and cross member is next.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Crossmember madness!
      I started the driveshaft notch, had to make room for driveshaft and torque arm at full bump with a little room for any pinion changes.

Next up, torque arm crossmember. My original idea was to use the same material as the frame. But, after tacking it in, I realized there could be a driveshaft issue. Being a Ranchero, I will have to unbolt the shocks to get the wheels to drop low enough to get them off the extended wheel studs. Looking at the way the 2x3 sat in there, it would hit before the rear end drooped out enough. So, back to the drawing board

Lastly, the shock crossmember was originally going to include the anti roll bar mounts, but I quickly came to realize that there would be a shock and anti roll bar interference issue. So on to plan b for the anti roll bar location.

Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Did a little CAD (cardboard aided design) drawing for the shock mounts and some other tabs I needed. Making forward progress. Torque arm mounts and cross member is next.
      I think I have one of my grandfather's circle templates in a drawer with his slide rule!

Did not know those were still in use.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJohn View Post
      I think I have one of my grandfather's circle templates in a drawer with his slide rule!

Did not know those were still in use.
      I might be the only one. 15 years ago when I was building mini trucks and prepping off-road cars that is what we used. I kind of have fun trying to figure some of this stuff out.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Cool project ! I love your choice of power

I might be the only one. 15 years ago when I was building mini trucks and prepping off-road cars that is what we used. I kind of have fun trying to figure some of this stuff out.
      my dad has a drawer full of em (he was a board draftsman for years and years), I might have to scam one or two off of him next time I'm out at his place. I never considered using those templates while building and I like what i'm seeing....
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

my dad has a drawer full of em (he was a board draftsman for years and years), I might have to scam one or two off of him next time I'm out at his place. I never considered using those templates while building and I like what i'm seeing....
      I can't wait till my parts get back from the Plasma Cutter! it will be a great day to get the shocks mounted.

let me know if I can rummage through his drafting stash too.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Sorry for the lack of updates, life has once again got super busy. Between the 10 month old kid and trying to stay on track of daily responsibilities, the truck falls on the back burner.

When I started this project, I knew I wanted a torque arm rear suspension. I was fascinated with the idea of the leverage points and how it operated. I went back and forth a couple of times with different ideas and how to do things. But I always came back to the TA. Because I like to make things hard on myself, instead of just buying a bolt-in solution, I ordered the Chassisworks G-link Torque Arm and figured out how to adapt it to my 8.8 rear end.

This is one of the very expensive tabs that I knew wouldn't fit.

This driver side would require a lot more fitment work. The rear end did not get centered when it was narrowed (not a big deal), so I had to add quite a bit of metal to the tab. It took quite a long time. I explored having someone make new ones, but that would have been a wash in cost vs time.

Once I get the passenger side tab fitted, I'll send them out and get them tig welded to the pumpkin with some Super Missile Weld filler rod.

I am waiting on the tabs to be cut for the rear shocks, fingers crossed that they come back this weekend. The plan is to get those mocked up and cycle the rear end. Then I can move forward to the front TA mount and the trans crossmember.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

did those tabs come with a special washer to engage the knurling? they look badass.
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

did those tabs come with a special washer to engage the knurling? they look badass.
      Yeah they have this machined washer to match the tab. That way you can lock the rear end in place and set the pinion angle.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Great build, you are giving me motivation to keep plugging away on my Falcon EcoBoost project.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted Falcon View Post
      Great build, you are giving me motivation to keep plugging away on my Falcon EcoBoost project.
      man, I was going to go the EcoBoost v6 route and the guy who had the engines flaked on me too many times. can't wait to see your build driving.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Looking good! Nice work
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com