Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Country Flag: United States

Quote Originally Posted by Project Bike Truck View Post
    I'm not even sure, to be honest, it was on friends Auto X car. the only thing I used is the pumpkin cover and pivot. I could reach out and contact him if need be?
    Just curious. I eventually want to go link bars and build a watts, I've been brainstorming on welding braces on the factory steel cover

Quote Originally Posted by LERM View Post
    This one looks every bit as nice in person as it does in this thread. Awesome work. Cool to see you on here too man!
    Thanks looking forward to getting to hang out again soon.
    Follow my Instagram

And my build on here

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzilla View Post
    Glad to see another 2.3L here (mines not a Ford though)! Will be following. I may have missed it but what size turbo are you going to run?
    Its a T3/T4 with a 60 A/R same one everyone used on the imports from my days. But if i can budget later for a better one i will. going to call a favor from a friend and get the manifold made so it will be fancy.
    Follow my Instagram

And my build on here

Diggin’ the engine choice. Screaming little turbo..... awesome! Can’t wait to see updated pics as it comes together.
    Loving all things mechanical since birth, gas powered anything is just plain ole’ fun!

[QUOTE=Z06killinSBF;1270376]Just curious. I eventually want to go link bars and build a watts, I've been brainstorming on welding braces on the factory

you want to build your own? Looking at your work I’m sure you could. If not I would reach out to Ron and dave at http://www.ronsutton-racetechnology.com/ I’m sure there is something that will work for you. I would do mine a little different if I built my own and i would have had Ron help with it if I had known them at the time. But this will work just fine and I know it will not go anywhere.
    Follow my Instagram

And my build on here

Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
    Who's watts link is that?
    I'm not even sure, to be honest, it was on friends Auto X car. the only thing I used is the pumpkin cover and pivot. I could reach out and contact him if need be?
    its the FTR watts https://www.fullytorquedracing.com/m...atts-link.html. Center section is great, the uprights to the chassis were the weak link in the SN95 application IIRC
    88 Ford Mustang - The Grey Ghost
    11 Subaru Outback
    18 GMC Canyon Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by frink84 View Post
    its the FTR watts https://www.fullytorquedracing.com/m...atts-link.html. Center section is great, the uprights to the chassis were the weak link in the SN95 application IIRC
    thanks for the response and help.
    Follow my Instagram

And my build on here

Did a little CAD (cardboard aided design) drawing for the shock mounts and some other tabs I needed. Making forward progress. Torque arm mounts and cross member is next.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Follow my Instagram

And my build on here

Crossmember madness!
    I started the driveshaft notch, had to make room for driveshaft and torque arm at full bump with a little room for any pinion changes.

Next up, torque arm crossmember. My original idea was to use the same material as the frame. But, after tacking it in, I realized there could be a driveshaft issue. Being a Ranchero, I will have to unbolt the shocks to get the wheels to drop low enough to get them off the extended wheel studs. Looking at the way the 2x3 sat in there, it would hit before the rear end drooped out enough. So, back to the drawing board

Lastly, the shock crossmember was originally going to include the anti roll bar mounts, but I quickly came to realize that there would be a shock and anti roll bar interference issue. So on to plan b for the anti roll bar location.

Follow my Instagram

And my build on here

Did a little CAD (cardboard aided design) drawing for the shock mounts and some other tabs I needed. Making forward progress. Torque arm mounts and cross member is next.
    I think I have one of my grandfather's circle templates in a drawer with his slide rule!

Did not know those were still in use.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJohn View Post
    I think I have one of my grandfather's circle templates in a drawer with his slide rule!

Did not know those were still in use.
    I might be the only one. 15 years ago when I was building mini trucks and prepping off-road cars that is what we used. I kind of have fun trying to figure some of this stuff out.
    Follow my Instagram

And my build on here

Country Flag: Canada

Cool project ! I love your choice of power

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3