Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Bumping this up because I'm assembling the new valvetrain and have some questions.

I'm using a solid lifter cam now, and the lash specs are .012" intake and .020" exhaust. I'm not sure if I should use those specs for the initial break-in since it specifies hot lash. I did some googling and it looks like the general consensus for an iron block with aluminum heads is to subtract about .005" for cold lash.

So right now I have it at .008" intake and .015" exhaust.

I'm not sure why I'm supposed to subtract instead of add for cold lash but maybe one of you can shed some light on that.

Also, I have full roller rockers and now because of the lash of the solid lifters, the rockers are able to move side to side a bit on the valve tip. I'm not 100% comfortable with that but it doesn't look like there's any way to stop it.

Is it even ok to run solid lifters with roller rockers?

I have guideplates but the little bit of wiggle room comes from the slack between the pushrods and the guideplates.

Like I said, it doesn't look like there's any way to eliminate that slack with the solid lifters.

Any advice/opinions welcome!
      Matt

69 Nova - 357, TKO600, Tru Turn, some other stuff, awaiting LS1 swap
      71 Duster - all stock, slant 6, automatic. awaiting HEMI/T56 swap

Country Flag: United States
      Actually, what about self aligning rockers?

I only see them used on vortec heads, but is there any reason I can't use them on standard heads?

That would solve the side to side movement when the lifters are on the heel of the cam.
      Matt

69 Nova - 357, TKO600, Tru Turn, some other stuff, awaiting LS1 swap
      71 Duster - all stock, slant 6, automatic. awaiting HEMI/T56 swap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com