Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

69 Camaro, DSE sub, SS hood, LSA fit?

I am considering a LSA for my car and am wondering if it will fit under the hood. I have seen LSA's in these cars with flat hoods but do not know if any trickery was done to make them coexist. My car is a 69 Camaro, it has a DSE subframe and a reproduction SS hood. I know there are different "hats" for the supercharger that can increase clearance but know next to nothing about these at this point in my research.

Country Flag: United States
      The CTS-V hat sits lower than the ZL1 hat. LSAs are now shipped with the ZL1 hat.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I have a chassisworks frame and I have a 2" ram air hood and it does not fit. I had to cut the inner structure out and welded in the perimeter of the inner structure to outer structure to stiffen up the hood. I might also put a layer of fiberglass inside to smooth things out and also add more rigidity. You can also buy fiberglass hood with no inner structure. I'm pretty sure the LSA will not fit under a stock SS hood, at least not without modification to the inner structure.

Thank you guys for the reply. I t appears that the LSA is not a good choice for me as I would like to keep this hood. I assume that the LT4 is shorter but have not researched it mainly because of the cost.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com