Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

C7 electric parking brake

Has anyone tried to adapt a c7 electric parking brake into an older car. Specifically looking for the wiring aspect of it. I know they make the e stop aftermarket unit, but I like to adapt factory parts for easy replacement purposes.

Im not sure what the C7 brake setup is but Im currently working on adapting some Tesla brembo electronic calipers on our shop car. Im going to post a thread once we have some more development. The electronics for the Brembos will be current sensing to control the clamp force. They are designed for a 1.1" wide rotor but the caliper is split so a spacer may be able to be fabbed up to fit a wider rotor
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

I’m also adapting Tesla calipers to my El Camino , looks like a promising solution so far
      Brandon

71 El Camino ZZ430/700r4,
      72 Buick Sun Coupe slowly working on LSx/6spd swap
      63 Nova husband and wife daily driver and autocross project

That's really cool idea, but I don't think they will work on my car as the th that electric motor will probably hit suspension. The c7 style is a pull style like the e stop. I'm wondering if there is a bcm or some other module that controls it.

I just bought a generic electric parking brake for a hot rod for like $100 with all the wiring. The tesla calipers look cool because the motor is on the caliper makes it really clean if people can make that work

Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      I just bought a generic electric parking brake for a hot rod for like $100 with all the wiring. The tesla calipers look cool because the motor is on the caliper makes it really clean if people can make that work
      Where did you find a kit for $100, I can't find any cheaper than $400

Quote Originally Posted by 1985olds View Post
      That's really cool idea, but I don't think they will work on my car as the th that electric motor will probably hit suspension. The c7 style is a pull style like the e stop. I'm wondering if there is a bcm or some other module that controls it.
      Im putting the Tesla caliper on our leaf-sprung '55 chevy shop car which is also very limited on space... the benefit of the electronic caliper is that it can be mounted in any position. Heres a (poor) photo showing the depth
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

This is the kit I bought. They were cheaper before. I bought mine for $110. It’s the same kit that speedway sells for much cheaper though.
      https://m.ebay.com/itm/Push-Button-E...gAAOSwhEla-vd4

Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      This is the kit I bought. They were cheaper before. I bought mine for $110. It’s the same kit that speedway sells for much cheaper though.
      https://m.ebay.com/itm/Push-Button-E...gAAOSwhEla-vd4
      Awesome, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by vette427-sbc View Post
      Im putting the Tesla caliper on our leaf-sprung '55 chevy shop car which is also very limited on space... the benefit of the electronic caliper is that it can be mounted in any position. Heres a (poor) photo showing the depth
      Got it, thank you. This is for a g body and the problem I see is that when I did my c4 rear brake conversion I had to move the shocks for the caliper on the back side, and could mount on the front side because the frame would hit. I will take a more in depth look before I make any decisions, thank you

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com