Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

VA to AAW harness

So i am staring to rewire the car. installing a AAW classic update in the 69 camaro. i am also installing vintage air at the same time. are you wiring the vintage air to the heater circuit of the aaw harness sense it should be a 30a circuit? i am thinking that should be ok because the vintage air wire diagram has a 30amp circuit breaker going to the battery. or are you running the wires all the way to the battery? Thanks
      1970 Elcamino ls3/t56, ricks/vaporworx, sc&c afx ,forgeline zx3, kore3 z51/ls1
      1969 Camaro ls1/t56, ricks/vaporworx, ride-tech,forgeline ga3,
      1996 civic the car that makes it all possible

Country Flag: Canada
      I ran mine to a junction point under the dash. My battery is in the trunk.

I think either will be fine, but I needed direct battery power for my efi so I did the same for the VA

Vintage Air specifically states to run it direct to the battery for electrical noise immunity.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      vintage air specifically states to run it direct to the battery for electrical noise immunity.

Don
      x2...

Yes, I use the Heat/Ac circuit in the AAW harness. Several times, no issues.

On a car with old wiring, I run it to the battery, it takes the load off of the ignition switch and fuse panel.

The only time I had a problem with electrical noise was when the VA power wire was connected to the same junction stud as the charge back wire. That one did weird things, moved to the battery and it was fine.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

dontlifttoshift. thanks. that's what I was thinking. with the new / better harness I was thinking there should not be a problem. are you leaving the circuit breaker in line still or just going off the fuse in the block ?
      1970 Elcamino ls3/t56, ricks/vaporworx, sc&c afx ,forgeline zx3, kore3 z51/ls1
      1969 Camaro ls1/t56, ricks/vaporworx, ride-tech,forgeline ga3,
      1996 civic the car that makes it all possible

Use the fuse in the block and skip the breaker.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Better late than never, but I was under the exact dilemma. I utilized the heater circuit in the aaw harness. No noise or other issues with it. I think it’s a common trend for all manufacturers to want you connected directly to the battery to eliminate each cars wiring variables. At the end of the day if you ran everything to the battery as recommended by the manufacturer (VA, EFI, trans controller, power widows, radio etc..) what did you really gain? That’s how I look at it, plenty of opposing opinions out there for sure

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com