Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

New 5.7 Hemi swap into a 70 challenger help wanted...

I’m looking for someone in or near Ohio to help me swap a 5.7 Hemi into my 70 challenger....I can do it myself but would rather have someone who has done it before to help me out....I don’t want to miss any details! The car has a 340/4 speed in it right now....any help ideas or suggestions would be great! I’m in the planning stage/ part gathering stage right now...thanks!!

I should add a little about the project....was a 72 340 4 speed rally car from the factory...no fender tag/no build sheet or no matching number anything...or I would have taken it back to original...the car Haden’s been on the road since 1985...I’ve owned it 5 years and never driven it....

I've done it but am certainly not near Ohio. Do you have specific questions?

I would also suggest that the G3 Hemi Swap facebook group is good, ForAbodiesOnly has a good Hemi sub-forum, as well as moparts.com.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

I've done it also, happy to help with any questions. Suggest you gather all your parts first, so the car is not down for to long..

Quote Originally Posted by Tincup View Post
      I've done it also, happy to help with any questions. Suggest you gather all your parts first, so the car is not down for to long..
      Thanks guys...Ive read both of your threads several times..NICE work!!!...the engine swap looks straight forward for the most part...Ive read 303Mopars thread over at ebodies.org...Dan put an auto into his

Im thrown on the transmission...my car is a 4 speed now...I assume it will not bolt up like the 727 auto...how much more involved is it to put a 5/6 speed into it?

Quote Originally Posted by mpdlawdog View Post
      Thanks guys...Ive read both of your threads several times..NICE work!!!...the engine swap looks straight forward for the most part...Ive read 303Mopars thread over at ebodies.org...Dan put an auto into his

Im thrown on the transmission...my car is a 4 speed now...I assume it will not bolt up like the 727 auto...how much more involved is it to put a 5/6 speed into it?
      6spd is a much more substantial change in structure and floor geometry. 5spd is much easier in that aspect.

I bought all of my T56 Magnum stuff from SST.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com