Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Need advice to buy a wiring harness.

Ive been looking through the internet and asking around and i need some advice. Im looking to rewire my mothers 1967 firebird with the powerglide and the 350 5.7L. Ive looked at a couple and i need to know what youve got to say. I need a complete wiring harness as there are so many problems with it its not worth replacing some of the things. Plus most of the wires are getting shot from it having been driven so much. Also im not positive because it hasnt been started in a while but do you guys have and idea about the electric convertible top as i dont think it works very well if at all. The top itselft isnt in bad shape but it doesnt exactly "convert "Thanks and please give me input and advice.

Country Flag: United States
      I'm using American Autowire classic update harness in mine. Very happy with the kit, plus it has additional circuits for fuel pump/power locks/seats, etc... if you decide to add them down the road.

A quick tip, save all your original harness/connectors until your wiring is completed, in case you need to go back for reference.
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

It sounds like this car is stock or very near stock. At that point you want American Autowire's Factory Fit parts.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

I rewired my '67 Camaro with a Kwikwire 22 circuit harness. Definitely not plug and play but not impossible to install. Quality is really nice and was one of the most appreciated upgrades made to the car.

American autowire worked well for me

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com