Country Flag: United States

Default Newbie from SoCal

Hello all, my name is Bobby and I'm new to the site and new to owning a classic. I've owned like 15 mustangs over the years, but the oldest one was an 86 T-Top until now. I bought a 1966 coupe with a 289 in it. I purchased it from a guy who lives down the street from me. It was an impulse buy and once I had it in my garage I realized it was kind of a turd. It was in a rear collision that had a bunch of ugly patch work done. No worries though, it actually added to the fun.

well the reason why I'm here is because every time I searched for pics to get idea I found the cars I liked the most were pro-touring mustangs. I will post a build thread later. Right now I have to get to work. 😜

Welcome! What part of Socal are you in?
    1970 VW Bug - Just your average mid engine Bug

@Frankinbeetle on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzilla View Post
    Welcome! What part of Socal are you in?
    Thank you. I'm in the East San Diego.

Cool, I'm in Descanso. My tastes don't usually favor Fords but there has always been a desire to build a 66-67 Mustang. They can look pretty cool when you get big tire on all four corners. You won't have to look hard for reproduction parts either.

Welcome!

If you life in San Diego then you live in the region with the largest consistent turn out of CAM-T cars at the monthly SCCA autocross. And a lot of them are Mustangs! Even if you care is in pieces I'd swing by and check out a Sunday champ day at Qualcomm. Some of the cars and folks there might give you some inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by JP8 View Post
    Cool, I'm in Descanso. My tastes don't usually favor Fords but there has always been a desire to build a 66-67 Mustang. They can look pretty cool when you get big tire on all four corners. You won't have to look hard for reproduction parts either.
    I've been an avid drag racer all my life and although I'm not building a road race car I enjoy and appreciate the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad-1stGen View Post
    Welcome!

If you life in San Diego then you live in the region with the largest consistent turn out of CAM-T cars at the monthly SCCA autocross. And a lot of them are Mustangs! Even if you care is in pieces I'd swing by and check out a Sunday champ day at Qualcomm. Some of the cars and folks there might give you some inspiration.
    Thank You. Yes I live close to the Q. Have not been to the autocross races, but I plan on taking my kids to watch soon.

Posted the build I started on. I'm not looking to road race the car, but I do want it to handle like a modern car.

http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/1...-Mustang-Coupe

Welcome to the site... and yes, we love pictures....

Carl Wilson
    1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats