Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Rocket Racing Wheels forging ahead with New Sizes 18x11 - 20x12

Hey Guys.

Rocket Racing Wheels is now moving forward and adding new 18x11 and 20x12 sizes soon to the Rocket Attack wheel. As you are probably already aware, these wheels are not custom-built wheels and require a significant investment with production runs for each spec chosen. This requires input from the community and research, as to which specifications would be the most in demand. While we will not be able to deliver every backspacing, our goal is to deliver to the market an affordable option of on the shelf, in the box, ready-to-ship wheels, that until now were only available in very expensive custom-built wheels. We want to hear from you, to make sure that we hit the mark.

18x11 Question - So far, we have received expressed interest in backspacing choices mainly between 6.00" - 7.50" backspacing on 18x11 size. What say you? Also, if you are looking for something outside of this backspacing range, please specify your vehicle application and which end of the car.

20x12 Question - Is there any interest here on Pro-Touring in the 20x12 sizing? If so, what backspacing and bolt pattern?

To answer the oft asked question of 19". Yes, we are still considering adding 19" sizes as well. We very much appreciate your time and input now on the 18x11 and 20x12.

My 68 C10 stepside needs 6.75" backspacing on 18x11 wheels. That's on all four corners with the TCI suspension.
      Matt Kenner

68 C10 stepside

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Are the flush mount center caps available for these wheels yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick68 View Post
      My 68 C10 stepside needs 6.75" backspacing on 18x11 wheels. That's on all four corners with the TCI suspension.
      Got it. Thanks much for feedback!

I would buy 18 x 11 for my 1973 firebird. I think its 5.5 or 6.0 BS but I'd need to confirm.
      1973 Firebird 466 Pontiac, T56, C5 Brakes, PTFB and Hotchkis suspension
      2011 Camaro SS Supercharged, ZL1 body and brakes, Z28 suspension.

I'd be interested in 18x11 wheels in 8.20 b.s. (56mm offset) C5 Z06 rear wheel diameter front and rear of my car. I'm going to run them on my 68 camaro.

What do the wheels weight?

I've looked into your wheels and weld racing wheels 3 piece wheels just for cruising. They're close to the same price in 18x11.
      Ahmad B.

Quote Originally Posted by 70Uglybird View Post
      I would buy 18 x 11 for my 1973 firebird. I think its 5.5 or 6.0 BS but I'd need to confirm.
      We are decided on 5.00", 6.00" 6.50" and 7.00" backspacing on the 18x11.

Quote Originally Posted by Build-It-Break-It View Post
      I'd be interested in 18x11 wheels in 8.20 b.s. (56mm offset) C5 Z06 rear wheel diameter front and rear of my car. I'm going to run them on my 68 camaro.

What do the wheels weight?

I've looked into your wheels and weld racing wheels 3 piece wheels just for cruising. They're close to the same price in 18x11.
      The 4 backspacing choices we will be offering are 5.00, 6.00, 6.50 and 7.00 backspacing and the price on our new 18x11 will be $545.00 per wheel. Sorry, we will not be able to get to the 8.20 bs you're requesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick68 View Post
      Matt, not sure if replied affirmatively yet, but we are moving forward with 18x11 with what I think should work for you. In your case, either go with 6.50 or 7.00 backspacing. If it absolutely had to be 6.75, throw a .250 spacer and some ET Style lugs and you're there. Price will be $545.00 per wheel.

Any plans for concave wheels?

What will the 18x11 wheels weight?
      Ahmad B.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRacingWheels View Post
      Matt, not sure if replied affirmatively yet, but we are moving forward with 18x11 with what I think should work for you. In your case, either go with 6.50 or 7.00 backspacing. If it absolutely had to be 6.75, throw a .250 spacer and some ET Style lugs and you're there. Price will be $545.00 per wheel.
      I'll borrow a wheel fitment tool and double check.
      Matt Kenner

68 C10 stepside

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

I am currently in the market for a 20x12 wheel for the rear of my F100. Maybe a 20x10 front. 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern. I need as much backspace as I can get. 8 inch bs plus. Possibly 19 inch wheels.
      If the price is right, I'll narrow the rear axle up.
      I have alot of room under the truck. If something reasonably priced comes along I'm in!

Are these one-piece wheels made from cast construction, forging,etc?

Quote Originally Posted by USAZR1 View Post
      Are these one-piece wheels made from cast construction, forging,etc?
      Dual-Direction, Flow-Form, Semi-Forged Wheel It is a one-piece design that is a forged outer/cast center

This dual-direction production method offers near infinite flexibility because the cast center can be moved within a wide range of offsets inside the spun forged outer, providing options that until now were available only from expensive multi-piece wheels. This breakthrough technology delivers weight and metal strength characteristics similar to traditional high-dollar forged wheels.

http://www.rocketracingwheels.com/ro...-titanium/p678

How much will your 18x11 pro touring wheels weight?
      Ahmad B.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRacingWheels View Post
      Dual-Direction, Flow-Form, Semi-Forged Wheel It is a one-piece design that is a forged outer/cast center

This dual-direction production method offers near infinite flexibility because the cast center can be moved within a wide range of offsets inside the spun forged outer, providing options that until now were available only from expensive multi-piece wheels. This breakthrough technology delivers weight and metal strength characteristics similar to traditional high-dollar forged wheels.
      Hopefully, this new technology will fuel the development of lower-cost 19" wheels.

When you get a chance can you post pictures of the 18x11s with their different offsets with a tire mounted? I am sure that there are many people out there (myself included) that will be buying a new rear end and will have the option to change the axle width and would like to see what offsets would look the best before pulling the trigger.

How about adding 19x11 and 20x11 sizes to the line-up?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com