Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Hey from the Ozarks

I've been gaining knowledge here and thought I ought to join. Nothing I've put together could be called pro touring but maybe it qualifies as backyard touring. Since my funds get spread out over a couple of cars I usually try to maximize the bang for buck ratio. Current stuff includes a couple of Camaros, El Camino, C3s (my age shows here because to me C3s are "late models"). My Wife has the bench mark in the collection. She has an ex-Bobby Archer Viper and is happy to taunt me with "try to keep up". She also had a 6-71 Camaro that too much fun.

I've done simple stuff to the '69 Camaro but the results surprised me with how much more fun the car is. It has bolt in frame connectors, solid body mounts, lowered upper A arm mounting points, IROC box, 550 springs, larger front bar, a 406 with a TKO 600 and 4:11s. Even on 15 inch wheels I like it more than I expected to. There is more to do but that can come later.

Thanks for all the great information you guys share here.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Nice cars... and place to work on them... Welcome to the site. Great place here you'll like it.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Thanks for the welcome. I wish the house behind the Viper was mine but it belongs to the Doctor who purchased the car from Archer (it was # 32 when Archer owned/raced it) and traded it to my wife. I think more important than the "where" is the "who". Being married to a very dedicated car woman makes it all possible. She does like to remind me that her cars are higher performance than mine but since I get to drive her stuff I see it as a win win.

Even though her Camaro has a 6-71 on it I still did a bit to it while I was swapping engines. Guldstrand A arm drop and an IROC box have really changed the its character even with skinnies up front. My plan to challenge her supremacy is to go on a diet. We'll see how my FFRs measure up if I ever get them on hte road.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

A wife that likes cars...... Nice!

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com