Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Prop valve question

I have full C5 brake setup, for my 65 mailbu. My question applies to the hydraulic side of things. Car had a front disc conversion setup from previous owner. Still factory reardrums.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Right-Stuff/965/G91210572/10002/-1?ymm=4294829681+4294829791+4294829484

I bought a Wilwood adjustableprop valve to use for rear. My question is can I add that in line after thevalve that is on the m/c now. Or do I need to bypass that, and use only Wilwoodto rear. or Other

I've done a few C5 front and 2000 Camaro rear disc brake swaps.

Not sure of the difference between the Camaro and Corvette rear calipers but I've always used a Wilwood adjustable proportioning plumbed into the rear line.

My research tells me is that the front port on the C5 master is for the rear brakes.

Keep in mind the C5 master is metric bubble flare and the Wilwood valve is inverted flare so you will need adapters. Also the front and rear lines are different sizes.

My question more is the function of the current proportioning valve, in addition to Wilwood.

I've been warned possibly they won't play nice together, so really more clarity on function of whats on it would be mostly what im after.

I would delete the stock proportioning valve. It was intended for rear drum brakes. Just my opinion.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 79 Camaro View Post
      I would delete the stock proportioning valve. It was intended for rear drum brakes. Just my opinion.
      I agree; I'd completely remove the stock style combination valve. Use only the Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve on the rear brake circuit, and adjust it so the front brakes always lock up before the rears.

Be mindful that your combination valve includes a brake pressure differential warning switch (to light up the red "brake" lamp on you dash if you have a leak in the system), so you'll need to get an adjustable proportioning valve that includes the warning switch if you want to maintain that feature.

Explanation of what a combination valve includes: https://techtalk.mpbrakes.com/combin...-brake-systems

Country Flag: United States
      I have used PR110A valve from Inline Tube. Its only a Distribution Valve that retains the original light switch which has the piston that works the switch that will close the front or rear system if there is a fluid loss. Otherwise you have full pressure to front or rear out of the block from the master cylinder. Install you adjustable proportioning valve in the rear system after the block. Adjust as required.

Attachment 151683

Tim

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com