Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

'68 Chevelle rear conversion components

Quick question for the forum, as the information I've been digging up on this is either inconclusive, or just plain confusing.

On my long list of things that I'd like to get done to my car, a rear disc conversion is pretty high up on the list. The car is still sporting rear drums, which are original to the car to the best of my knowledge.

Brand and style preference notwithstanding, what small bits are actually necessary to do this? I understand the need for a proportioning valve, and possibly a new master cylinder, plus the rotors and calipers themselves. But as far as mounting everything up, what then? The most comprehensive answer I've seen says that I can reuse the axles that I have, but will need longer wheel studs, plus the spacer between the axle flange and caliper mount. Is that it?

Bonus question: what size rear rotors would y'all recommend? I'll probably wind up with 14" front rotors, even if that is probably overkill for what I need.

Country Flag: Canada
      Get in contact with Tobin from kore3 or Ron Sutton himself , do a search you'll find both of these guys on here

Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com