Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

Can I get a 325/19 tire on 68 nova with mini tub and narrowed rear?

Anyone with a 68 nova get a 325/19 or 18 to fit nice witn a narrowed rear end, mini tubs and possibly cutting and rolling fender lip if needed? Looking for the top fender lip to be even with top of rim for Stance in rear. Need only comments from guys who have done this or know if it can be done. I値l also be knotching the frame rails and running an exact fit mini tub from autoweld if dse tubs round out too much on inner tub. I値l be running a ride tech four link or speedtech torque arm if wondering.

No ones done this ??

Country Flag: United States
      Many have done it; it's quite common.

To clarify, you do not need a narrowed rear end for a minitubbed application. That's only if you want a deeper dish on your wheels.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Ya the narrowed rear is for a deep lip wheel I wanna run. See a million mini tub posts etc but aren't finding any with guys running a dse tub unmodified getting a 19ラ325mm tire. So was seeing if any guys have actually done it on here. Or are running a wider tub with notch frame and getting it tucked in. Trust me Iv combed the search forum for it. Must not be searching right wording

Country Flag: United States
      I have a 305/30r19 with DSE mini tubs on my Nova.

I wouldn't want any less space in there than I have now. The problem with Novas is two fold. First, if you trim the fender lip, the quarter panel still dips in right above the wheel opening, causing interference. The second problem is the outer wheel housing that attaches to the quarter panel eats into the available space. My car is really low, so I'm sure my situation is exaggerated, but still.

Just my 2「.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com