Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

C5 brake booster and master cylinder

Evening all,

I'm putting together my 68 C10 project. C5 front brakes 13" brakes. Rear 12" 1994 Fbody disc brakes.

I'd like to run the C5 booster and master cylinder. The master has two outlets, one with a 3/16" and one with a 1/4" line with bubble flares. I have the metric fittings for both. I'm going into a Wilwood proportioning valve.

I think I can adapt the larger size line to the smaller size line at the fitting.

See any reason this won't work?

Follow on question. Which port on the master cylinder for the front and rear brakes?

I'm inclined to go with the rear port for the rear brakes and the front brakes using the front port on the master cylinder.

Am I correct?

Country Flag: United States
      On a stock C5 master cylinder, the front port is for the rear brakes.

The C5 master cylinders have 6 mm metric lines coming out of them from the factory. You will have a tough time finding the metric 6 mm brake line though. I'd suggest using 1/4" brake line, which is a hair bigger than 6 mm. Depending on the make of the 1/4" brake line, you may have to drill out the factory fittings a bit to make them work.

Thanks for the help.

I have the C5 brake lines which I will modify or use 1/4" as you suggested.

Thanks again.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com