Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

O.E. TR6060 to Magnum ?s.

Looking to use a used TR6060 from a Chevy Camaro, Dodge Chally, or a Pontiac G8.
      Looks like the Chally, and G8 have the same 1-4 gear ratios as the Magnum, that away I could use the Magnum input shaft. Then change out the mid plate, main shaft and tailhousing to the Magnum setup. I would like to use the LS1 T56 bellhousing, and ls1 clutch setup.
      Or use the Camaro Tr6060, just change out the main shaft, and tail housing.
      Not sure what direction to go, it comes down to price and if plausible. Not sure where to find Input shafts lengths, and gear tooth count.

Thanks.

Country Flag: Canada
      A tr6060 is a magnum , not sure if youre aware . Essentially just a different case
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      A tr6060 is a magnum , not sure if youre aware . Essentially just a different case
      The OP is aware, but the main shaft & mid plate & ext. housing are different.

So, OP, why don't you just buy a Magnum? Are you getting a good deal on a 6060? Is it worth the effort? I guess that's your question right? In my opinion, not worth it.

American Powertrain, Silver Sport, Bowler, D&D, and any others should be able to point you in the right direction.
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      The OP is aware, but the main shaft & mid plate & ext. housing are different.

So, OP, why don't you just buy a Magnum? Are you getting a good deal on a 6060? Is it worth the effort? I guess that's your question right? In my opinion, not worth it.

American Powertrain, Silver Sport, Bowler, D&D, and any others should be able to point you in the right direction.
      I agree, it's a lot of effort [and seems like questionable reliability] to work around just getting a brand new Magnum.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

Over on nastyz28.com a couple people have used the TR6060 with success. A custom made driveshaft and some shifter modifications, the cost savings was worth it. The trick is you need to use application specific parts. Use the OEM bellhousing and you don’t need to mess with the input shaft. Use a OEM output on the driveshaft, and it’s simple. Price everything out and see where you are. The TR6060s are not selling by cheap....so gotta do your homework.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

I had my 6060 converted with no issue. Nice and reliable, cheaper and stronger than a magnum. I got a steal on the 6060 though. Talk to Texas drivetrain performance if you go that route

Quote Originally Posted by 1985olds View Post
      I had my 6060 converted with no issue. Nice and reliable, cheaper and stronger than a magnum. I got a steel on the 6060 though. Talk to Texas drivetrain performance if you go that route
      What OEM TR6060 did you start with, and what did you have done?

I would like to get one for grand, then modify from there, but as stated they are going for a price.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SStampede View Post
      What OEM TR6060 did you start with, and what did you have done?

I would like to get one for grand, then modify from there, but as stated they are going for a price.

Thanks.
      I used a 2012 camaro as trans. Had it converted to a magnum, so they made it a removable bellhousing, change the tail housing to a slip yoke, made it a bolt on shifter and changed the faceplate, so no more trans fluid pump. I found mine for $1000 with 3800 miles on Craigslist.

We're converting a TR6060 right now for a customer to have the Magnum back end. The parts alone will run $1400 not including any labor. If you're getting your TR6060 for a good price and it's in great shape you can justify it to an extent(as was the case for the one we're doing now), but if you are wanting to change from the integrated bellhousing to a mid plate front cover or if any of the internal components need repair as well, I can't see the savings.
      visit us on the web at www.bowlertransmissions.com

I can tell you that the 2.97 gear ratio is waaaay too short. You are better served buying a Magnum with a 2.66 and the close ratio .80 5th gear. That setup kicks ass.

Instead of doing all that work to a TR6060 if you are on a budget.... just run it as is...bite the bullet on the more expensive slave cylinder and CV style driveshaft/adapter. Then the next thing to sort out is the shifter.
      69 Chevelle 1000hp turbo LS, T56 Mag, JRi coilovers, Watts/torque arm 9", 14" Wilwoods, Recaro CTSv seats, cromo cage, a/c, p/s, built by Coffey Fab Nashville, TN.
      93 RX-7 1200hp turbo LS9, T56 Mag, 8.8", 9.3@163mph + 197mph 1/2 mile

Hawks has a pretty cool shifter for the 6060s

http://www.hawksmotorsports.com/trem...-applications/

Quote Originally Posted by 1985olds View Post
      I had my 6060 converted with no issue. Nice and reliable, cheaper and stronger than a magnum. I got a steal on the 6060 though. Talk to Texas drivetrain performance if you go that route

A TR6060 is not stronger then the magnum.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com