Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 2nd gen dash

Country Flag: United States

2nd gen dash

Looking for help/advice regarding these second gen Camaro dashboards. Four years ago when I first built my car, I looked forever and finally found a good replacement dash that wasn’t all misshapen and wavy. Over time, it has developed these characteristics and needs to go. Is anyone familiar with a good alternative? I know VFN makes their fiberglass unit, but they’re 8 weeks out and like $500. Honestly the price isn’t a huge deal, but the 8 weeks is tough - my own fault for waiting too long. Anyone have a VFN dash on the shelf they want to unload? Or a solid recommendation on a good stock-type dash? Anything basically to take care of where the foam meets the metal. Any and all help would be appreciated!

The modern classic interiors piece is very nice and is what I am using on my 70 build

I've actually had my Classic Industries dash now for about 20 years. Still looks as good as the day I bought it. No paint peeling, no warping, etc...
      1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

I just bought a Modern Classic Interiors dash a few weeks ago for my 70 Camaro. Really high quality piece. Going to add the console and door panels they make also.

Thanks guys! I will check them out!

NPD has their own unit available now as well.

I've installed the NPD dash in my dad's 70, and I'm very happy with how it went in. Looks nicer than the Classic Industries (OER) piece, and fit well.

Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

I just bought one for my 70 camaro from Modern Classics it’s awesome