Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Raingear wipers on a second gen f body

Has anyone tried the Raingear hidden wipers on a second gen f body? Wondering how well they fit and actually work. Going in a ‘73 ‘bird if that makes any difference. TIA

My '67 Nova Build Thread http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...d.php?t=218954

'73 TA build. @projectarrowhead73

Sorry I can't help with how Raingear would work for your application, but in the Tri-five community they are considered to be a high quality part. They are pretty much the standard for wipers.

Im not not sure how similiar your Firebird is compared to my 65 Chevelle, but all I had to do was relocate the wiper motor to under the drivers side fender, and then just extended the one piece of linkage over to the motor. Worked perfect.

My Raingear wiper system is a very high quality system. I can't offer any insight for a second gen but it works amazingly well on the first gen.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by 65 drop top View Post
      Sorry I can't help with how Raingear would work for your application, but in the Tri-five community they are considered to be a high quality part. They are pretty much the standard for wipers.

Im not not sure how similiar your Firebird is compared to my 65 Chevelle, but all I had to do was relocate the wiper motor to under the drivers side fender, and then just extended the one piece of linkage over to the motor. Worked perfect.
      Thanks for the review on Raingear. Have thought about moving the motor over as you suggested too. Wanting to check out the “plug and play” options as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      My Raingear wiper system is a very high quality system. I can't offer any insight for a second gen but it works amazingly well on the first gen.
      Thanks Steve. Your 1st gen is awesome!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com