Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 1976 Laguna S3

Country Flag: United States

1976 Laguna S3

Hey. I haven't been on here in years but I found my way back. I postponed my 1970 Camaro project due my friend loosing his shop. That car is in many pieces now and in storage. I had another car that I have always wanted to build. Except for the ugly rear bumper, I have always liked the Laguna models. I purchased this car as a rolling chassis a few years back and it has just been sitting in a storage building. So, I changed gears and moved onto this one. So far I have built, or had built, a 496 with some Edlebrock RPM Oval port heads I found on a dusty bottom shelf of a machine shop. I cleaned up the casting flash in the runners and combustion chambers and added a ported RPM Air Gap, 950 Street HP, RPM roller cam and rockers, and ran out of money there. I stole the Tremec T56 Magunum from my Camaro project as well as the Wilwood brake kit. I had collected up so much for my Camaro that I didn't have a budget for this car. So stealing from myself has been my M.O. at this point. I had a collection of old Kicker stereo equipment and built a pretty cool trunk. I also traded the near 200lbs front end for a fiberglass one that weight around 35lbs. I have my LS7 for sale on this site. If I can sell that then I will have the budget needed to do a Global West suspension and snag some Weld Wheels. Until then I'm just kind of polishing a T**d until I make some more money. Cheers

Name:  IMG_3649.jpg
Views: 1134
Size:  137.8 KBName:  IMG_3606.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  180.5 KB
      .Name:  $$$$$.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  168.5 KB

I have a long way to go.

Name:  Clean Guna.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  144.6 KB

A goof friend of mine had a 77 Malibu when we were in high school. It was white with black racing stripes (painted with house paint by the PO) and still had the factory 8 track. It had a 400 small block in it. Had some fun being a dumb teenager in that car. lol

Jay

I had a 77 Grand Prix in high school. We would all pile in there and have a blast. I think that 400 Pontiac was good for 103mph top speed. It only took about 20 seconds to get there.

Some interior work with custom package tray.Name:  Rear Seats.jpg
Views: 952
Size:  154.1 KB

Hey. I have been doing a little work. Here is the frame upgrade. Welded supports on the frame and boxed the rear control arm area. Installed complete Global West suspension with Moser axles, Detroit True Trac, Motive .373's, and Wilwood brake kit. T56 is ready to go. I need some shocks and that stupid expensive T56 to BBC bell housing.
      Cheers.
      Name:  IMG_3969.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  290.2 KBName:  IMG_3911.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  156.5 KBName:  IMG_3961.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  243.3 KBName:  IMG_3932.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  264.7 KB

Looking good! Always liked the look of the sloped nose Lagunas, helped a bud put a mild build 454 in one a few years back before he moved away from here.

Thanks. I used to eat off of a Cale Yarborough Laguna place mat as a child. He used this car to win 2 championships in a row. I was board one night and refinished the steering wheel.
      Name:  IMG_3090.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  175.0 KBName:  IMG_3736.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  295.0 KB

Hey. It's been awhile. I have been busy though. With the help of about 8 retired farmers I was able to do the body swap onto the chassis I built. That got a little crazy. I'm now working on getting my floor welded up so the T56 Magnum will fit.
      Name:  Swap 0.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  140.5 KB
      Name:  Swap 2.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  188.9 KB
      Name:  Swap 7.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  211.0 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com